ACT Fibernet newly updated plans (September 2019)

• Thread starter Thread starter Jay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,006

Jay

ISP
Airtel FTTH
FUP increased and speeds bumped up to 250 Mbps on the higher tier plans in Bangalore. I see some change in plans for Chennai as well. Not sure about other cities.

ec0qH1f.png

I really don't understand why they're insisting on the 5999 plan for ACT GIGA with 3.5 TB in Bangalore when they offer it in Chennai for 2999 and Airtel giving the same for 3999 in Bangalore.

Strangely a company headquartered in Bangalore has the costliest plans for headquarter city. No competitors in Bangalore?

The cities where they launch newly this year/last year Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmadabad etc have much much better plans at low cost.

Strangely a company headquartered in Bangalore has the costliest plans for headquarter city. No competitors in Bangalore?
yes they have the most expensive per gb cost, yes there are other operators providing cheaper plans like spectra,hathway, you broadband etc

I am an Act Giga user and pay for their half-yearly plan which gives me 3 extra months. So it comes to 3999/- and after taxes (18%) it costs ~4700/- p.m. They have an additional unlimited offer of 500/- Netflix cashback every month, which is an added benefit (4500/- for 9 months).
All other ISPs have the same rates for their gigabit connections. Airtel xstream provides free Amazon Prime (999/-), whereas Jio Fiber provides access only to their own OTT platform.
I would say that Act still trumps the other two in terms of value.