ACT fibernet macx binding and charges

ISP
ACT fibernet
hello, iam a new user in warangal to ACT. i have cctv at home and so asked them to mac binding.as i saw the people faced similar issue in this forum. they did mac binding to my router. now they informed me monthly charges of 230rs. is it correct , isnt it free ? since its a part of internet connection. please help me on how to deal with this

static ips cost money. i assume they gave you a static ip?
also... aren't cctvs these days accessible through mobile apps without requiring static ips?
i have been paying 99 bucks to airtel for static ip for cctv. but i think it is not really required in apps.

Upvote 0
Yes they are accessible through mobile ,but i also need port forwarding for RDP or basic server running for small amount of time. Can i ask for something other to avoid paying them extra bucks. Like static private ip and ask them to open all ports ? Will this work

Upvote 0
so i should stop paying 99 bucks to airtel? 😛 maybe it's time i remove the static ip config from the cctv stb and see if it helps 🤔

and i do believe they gave you a static ip. coz that's the only thing they would charge for.

Upvote 0
Yes they gave me a static ip. When i previously used to be in bsnl life used to be hassle free as there was no port forwarding issue. But after i moved on to a new place bsnl isn't available here

Upvote 0
Other thing i forgot to mention was before mac binding , i used to get a dynamic ip with a 10. XX. Range like that.customer service told i can use that ip and open ports but the ip changes every 24hrs.. is that true ? What do yout think

Upvote 0