ACT cheating - not getting FUP

• Thread starter Thread starter sssagi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,792
ISP
ACT
I am on ACT Liberty plan(Account id 192512) which should give me 30 GB FUP at 2Mbps but ever since I crossed 20 GB limit I am getting 500 kbps which should happen only after 30 GB limit being crossed.
I reached out to customer care yesterday and they are claiming limit is completely used whereas it is clearly not as per My Usage details on the portal below which thye claim is not reporting usage correctly. In fact I got a message for 80% usage from ACT helpdesk today morning then how it can be that I have used my limit completely.
This is thoroughly unprofessional service from ACT and I surely need to get rid of them now.

sssagi said:
I am on ACT Liberty plan(Account id 192512) which should give me 30 GB FUP at 2Mbps but ever since I crossed 20 GB limit I am getting 500 kbps which should happen only after 30 GB limit being crossed.
I reached out to customer care yesterday and they are claiming limit is completely used whereas it is clearly not as per My Usage details on the portal below which thye claim is not reporting usage correctly. In fact I got a message for 80% usage from ACT helpdesk today morning then how it can be that I have used my limit completely.
This is thoroughly unprofessional service from ACT and I surely need to get rid of them now.
Hello,We regret the inconvenience and will address the situation immediately.We will forward your request to the top level of authority and we will make sure that your problem gets resolved ASAP. Thanks for sharing your account no. with us. Our team will shortly get in touch with you.Regards,ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Hello,We regret the inconvenience and will address the situation immediately.We will forward your request to the top level of authority and we will make sure that your problem gets resolved ASAP. Thanks for sharing your account no. with us. Our team will shortly get in touch with you.Regards,ACT Broadband
Hello,The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any queries. Thank you for your cooperation.Warm Regards,ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Hello,The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any queries. Thank you for your cooperation.Warm Regards,ACT Broadband
The issue is resolved for now and I have got my regular speed back. I hope that this won't recur in future as it put me through a lot of trouble.

Even I suspect whether they provide the complete data usage as per the plan. I have ACT Abundant which is 15Mbps and 50GB FUP. Within 15-20 days 50gb data gets consumed according to the usage showed in their website, I agree I use much internet but still I doubt 50 GB cant be consumed within 15-20 days. I had Airtel previously with same plan where there would be much Data left even after the same usage i am doing now by the end of the month(i.e. By the end of my billing cycle).
Can I get a detailed report on data usage as I can't understand the details provided on your website.

Regards,
Charan Raj.K

Here is another thing I have found regarding computation of FUP. Believe it or not, they include both uploads and downloads for computing FUP.
You will only know this if you install a bandwidth monitor on your machine like networx.
I have been complaining to them for couple months now, and they have conveniently turned a blind eye to my complaints. If you log the daily upload
and download usage, and compare with their usage, you will know the truth. They are cheating their customers.
Eg. for the last month my total usage uploads + downloads was 113GB. Their usage showed 114GB. Almost 23GB of that was uploads. My network
usage monitoring showed it clearly.
I requested them to install their wifi router with usage logging, to prove the point, but they are unwilling to do so !