ACT Broadband Unreliable in Langford Town

tomythomas01

ISP
BSNL
Customer ID: 10285725 I do not have ACT Internet connection from 15th May night onwards. No IP address to my Apple Extreme router. I have tried to contact ACT call center for the last two days, always the executives are busy or voice box is full. I have sent the mail to helpdesk on 15th itself. No reply so far. I got the connection in Nov 2011 and it worked like a charm till two weeks back. Excellent speed etc.. From last two weeks the same issue happened 4 times which got me frustrated. Initially I paid in May 2011 and waited till Nov 2011 to get the connection and till two weeks back it was not working for just 15 minutes only. So I was happy. Now 4 times in two weeks , 1st time it is 10 hours now it is 2 days without Internet. I thought of disconnecting my back up BSNL and Airtel earlier. Now looking back I was lucky not to do that. I recomended ACT to many through my blogs too. Now I regret..I do not understand what happened to ACT customer care? How can they ACT like this?(Airtel connection is reliable but speed was not enough. BSNL is reliable only at low speeds.)Regards,Tomy

Customer ID: 10285725
I do not have ACT Internet connection from 15th May night onwards. No IP address to my Apple Extreme router. I have tried to contact ACT call center for the last two days, always the executives are busy or voice box is full. I have sent the mail to helpdesk on 15th itself. No reply so far.

I got the connection in Nov 2011 and it worked like a charm till two weeks back. Excellent speed etc.. From last two weeks the same issue happened 4 times which got me frustrated.

Initially I paid in May 2011 and waited till Nov 2011 to get the connection and till two weeks back it was not working for just 15 minutes only. So I was happy.
Now 4 times in two weeks , 1st time it is 10 hours now it is 2 days without Internet. I thought of disconnecting my back up BSNL and Airtel earlier. Now looking back I was lucky not to do that. I recomended ACT to many through my blogs too. Now I regret..

I do not understand what happened to ACT customer care? How can they ACT like this?

(Airtel connection is reliable but speed was not enough. BSNL is reliable only at low speeds.)
Regards,
Tomy

Hi, your complaint has been attended yesterday and do let us know it is working fine.

Rgds

Hi, your complaint has been attended yesterday and do let us know it is working fine.

Rgds
Thanks it is up again.

But I am curious to know what was the issue at your end. When it went down on 15th my router log file showed Ethernet disconnected, no ip address. Same Apple Airport extreme base station is connected to many other devices ranging from Synology servers to mobile phones. There was no other issue for transferring files between them or wireless printing. So I did not suspect any issue with my router. Still I tested with Linksys high end router E4200, no internet. But yesterday I just tested the Apple router thoroughly and found out its Internet port is inconsistent. Media damage, I am not sure. So I connect back the linksys E4200 router and Netgear WN2000RP repeater combination in the place of Apple Airport extreme and Express combination. Internet is back.
Puzzling, I need to do extensive testing on Airport WAN Ethernet port to conclude. Same port is up if I connect one Desktop to it !!

regards,
Tomy