ACT Broadband rethink

ISP
BSNL
Hi guys,
I had heard some great reviews from my friends about ACT broadband, so I had almost decided to switch to ACT ( was about cancel my existing service). But after reading the reviews here and elsewhere I must rethink.I live in Girinagar,Bangalore .
My existing connection is slow but atleast its reliable , what I dont want is fast connection which is not reliable. From the reviews read it appears that this is what ACT gives, which is a deal breaker for me.
And apparently the speeds of websites hosted outside india are pretty bad ...so mostly I have to rethink for sure .

well if you can manage with Internet being down for 4-5 days without any issues ACT is best choice for you. today will be my 4th day without service . no resolution yet and when you ask for a supervisor to speak to no one will be available and you will be promised a call back in 1-2 hrs and that cal will never come to you. If you think that you will get anything better then you will be in for a rude shock.

pradyumna333 said:
Hi guys,
I had heard some great reviews from my friends about ACT broadband, so I had almost decided to switch to ACT ( was about cancel my existing service). But after reading the reviews here and elsewhere I must rethink.I live in Girinagar,Bangalore .
My existing connection is slow but atleast its reliable , what I dont want is fast connection which is not reliable. From the reviews read it appears that this is what ACT gives, which is a deal breaker for me.
And apparently the speeds of websites hosted outside india are pretty bad ...so mostly I have to rethink for sure .
Hello Pradyumna,
It has been our constant endeavor to provide quality services to our customers and we would do everything possible to live up to our promise. The very fact that your friends have recommended ACT Broadband to you is a testament to our commitment. We would be glad to serve you. Please let us know in case you require any further assistance.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Hey guys,
Im an ACT BB user since 1.2 years. I agree their customer service isn't that good, but it totally depends on the area you reside. I am from AECS Layout, I had around 4 disconnections in the first 2 months, which was resolved in 2 days each time. But then it was a dream run. I can confirm that since past 10 -12 months only for around 1 hour there was a downtime.
And the speed to servers outside India, Im not quite sure of that point, maybe I don't visit such websites frequently.
I use BB mainly for Torrent downloads PS Gaming and youtube videos. For these things ACT is just the perfect one. Again I would like to say, this service may vary area wise.

Well ACT Broadband,
I appreciate your reply here. But one thing I have noted about your customer service, I went to your website and shared my contact details and it said ACT will get in touch with me soon. It has been 4 days and no one has contacted me ! That says something about your customer service !

pradyumna333 said:
Well ACT Broadband,
I appreciate your reply here. But one thing I have noted about your customer service, I went to your website and shared my contact details and it said ACT will get in touch with me soon. It has been 4 days and no one has contacted me ! That says something about your customer service !
Hi,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly help us with your contact number and complete postal address so that our team can get in touch with you after checking the feasibility of our services in your area.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Karthik Kashyap said:
^ same here. ! so now i have decided i'll stick with my BSNL itself.
Hi Karthik Kashyap,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly share your customer ID or registered contact number with us so that our team can help you in resolving the issue ASAP. We assure you that the issue will get resolved on priority.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

I am with ACT Broadband from past 18 months without any issues. I reside in Benson Town and service here is top quality. You log a complaint the guy is at the door in less than 2 hrs. Had total downtime twice. Once for 2 hrs, the other for about 6 hrs. Rest it has been a dream run. ACT actual challenge is the cable cut from local cablewalas, so rather than going through the reviews here check how is the service in your area. I can easily say go for ACT if you reside in my area. Other areas I would rather say I am not the right person.

I am not sure whether I can call ACT Broadband service as consistent. Initially the speeds were very good but the current speed that I have been getting for over 2 weeks now is 0.3 MBPS whereas I have a 15MBPS plan and I am well within my FUP limit. Here are the speed test results.

I have wrote multiple emails to ACT but have not got any proper response. have sent a note again today and hoping they can resolve this as my office emails and Vitrual sharing sessions takes ages and is impacting my work.
Will keep you guys posted.
Customer ID - 594565

Navin Gheedia said:
I am not sure whether I can call ACT Broadband service as consistent. Initially the speeds were very good but the current speed that I have been getting for over 2 weeks now is 0.3 MBPS whereas I have a 15MBPS plan and I am well within my FUP limit. Here are the speed test results.

I have wrote multiple emails to ACT but have not got any proper response. have sent a note again today and hoping they can resolve this as my office emails and Vitrual sharing sessions takes ages and is impacting my work.
Customer ID - 594565
Hello Navin,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for sharing the issue and other details with us. We will forward the issue to the concerned team and they will contact you shortly. We assure you that the issue will get resolved ASAP.
Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband

Navin Gheedia said:

Customer ID - 594565
Hello Navin,
The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any other queries. Thank you for your cooperation.
Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband

Hi
Apologies ,,,,, inconvenience these all will not help us ( customers )
Better service Better connectivity Better speed
but we all are cheated end of the day by paying ISP s looting our hard earned money
we have to learn from china .... !
I will wait for 4G in chennai

rgds
ram