Act Broadband not working

• Thread starter Thread starter venkatachar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 7,908
Hi,
Broadband is not working from morning 11 AM. Multiple complaints have gone on deaf ears.
Our building has multiple connections and everyone has complained. Till now no action.
The standard reply is that the server is not working/up-link is not working.
Is anyone facing similar issue in Basaveshwaranagar?

My Complaint Number:0002329531

Its been 1 day since it went down. This is very bad. I think i am better off with BSNL or Airtel.
I am planning to disconnect act and ask for refund today.
They claim they are the 4th largest ISP in India, then they should provide the service at that level.
The complaint resolution time should be 1 day. However act tries to fool people by saying 24 business hours which translates to 3 days.
This shows how cunning they are and trying to misguide you.

3 days now still not working. multiple connections in my building is affected . Anyone knows how to escalate this issue?

Its 6th day now. No response from ACT. The wires in my building are all disconnected and lying on floor.
Has anyone taken act to consumer court?
If anyone else facing the same issue we can file complaint in as class action, ping me if you are interested

They are pathetic and uncouth
I took their connection 28 days ago in Bangalore and I have been regretting my decision, my connection is not working for 2 days with no help insight even after repeated calls.
I raised a complains as connectivity goes down during power failure however they have closed the case as resolved with no action.
Their billing is prepaid which is unacceptable with the QoS on offer
I am going back to airtel

There have been numerous cases that have been reported to the consumer court , as per my LCO
I must have listened to his advice and stayed away from ACT BB

Hi,
Broadband is not working from morning 11 AM. Multiple complaints have gone on deaf ears.
Our building has multiple connections and everyone has complained. Till now no action.
The standard reply is that the server is not working/up-link is not working.
Is anyone facing similar issue in Basaveshwaranagar?

My Complaint Number:0002329531

Hi,

I'm a resident of Basaveshwarnagar too with a similar issue for the last 3 days and before that for close to a week, despite making calls after calls (mind you not toll free) its fallen on deaf ears. I'm planning to go their office in Golden Heights and give them an earful and have the charges for the internet downtime waived off because if it's business for them same here. I'll also have my phone calls reimbursed because I would've easily made more than 50-60 calls a month (not to forget the waiting time). The other issue is they've fixed a junction box in my house and taken the connection from my parallel street which means I end up losing Rs 50 a month. My User ID: 10876519.

Sunil,
The local cable operators have disconnected the wires and i can see the cables lying in my building and also on roads near my home.
Today the cable operator had come to our home and told us that act doesn't have any permission in our area and they have been warning act for past few months.
I had contact the nodal office one at Golden Heights, the executive (i think Madhu) gave assurance that it will be resolved the next day.(12th).
But as usual, its not working and the cables are still lying on roads, so i don't this would resolve soon.
I suggest you to disconnect the connection and get your refund. Myself and the ppl in my building are planning to do the same.

If you want to meetup, let me know when and where.

Last edited:
Ajay,

Guess smooth talks and gentlemanly behaviour doesn't seem to be working, the only way out is talking to them in a language they understand best that is cornering them in their own backyard and giving them our piece of mind. Let's not settle until we talk to the CEO of this rubbish company and pour all our woes right from getting the connection which included making several calls (sure all of us did), seeking a refund of those calls and a waiver for the number of days internet was down, because each of us I bet make not less than 50-60 calls a month that includes a waiting period (all our executives are busy attending to other customers) 🙂...Please let me know if we can catch up sometime this week, because these nodal officers are a lot of crap. And also let me know if we could explore the legal route, I'm game.

Thanks
Sunny

Sunil,
I don't think if we can get CEO number or talking to CEO would help. The simple reason being, the local cable operators are not allowing ACT to draw over head cables. Also the local cable operators have their own broadband so they wont allow any competitors.
Talking tough to these folks wont help because they are used to it 🙂

For the same reason i had waited a month and checked with ppl in my building to know if ACT works well. Surprisingly, for them it worked whole month flawlessly. But i started seeing issue after a week of installation. I suggest you first get the refund and then think of other options.
My connection is less than 2 weeks old i am not going to pay them anything.

This is an issue between cable operator and ACT, i don't think this would resolve soon, until ACT pay up to these folks 🙂

Hi
The issue is not resolved not sure how you got the information that its resolved. check before responding
This shows how much miscommunication u have within ur own company

There was a call from act to let me know that there is an issue with local cable operators
This I already knew and today the box which was installed in my building is empty and no wires

Let me repeat THE ISSUES IS NOT RESOLVED

Hi
The issue is not resolved not sure how you got the information that its resolved. check before responding
This shows how much miscommunication u have within ur own company

There was a call from act to let me know that there is an issue with local cable operators
This I already knew and today the box which was installed in my building is empty and no wires

Let me repeat THE ISSUES IS NOT RESOLVED