ACT broadband. Need reviews

we people fed up of only bsnl broadband. no other isp is good here.

Isn't Ortel good? They don't give crap speeds do they?

Ortel was quite funny back in ~2007 when their data usage based billing was not working and limited plans were being used as unlimited plans. They got a lot of customers because of that. I don't know when they fixed their billing system.

Beam Telecom is already there in Hyderabad.. Its A Group company of Act itself..!!

You just Repeated my Dialogue.

Beam Telecom is already there in Hyderabad.. Its A Group company of Act itself..!!

Act has invested in Beam but they are run by separate entities.

what makes you think that his issues are finance related?

what makes you think that his issues are finance related?

You and I know what his Reply would be 🙂

Why Don't you Ask ACT to invest in your Company?:dont-know:

No.

Dear AllWe have upgraded all the 5mbps customers to 10mbps wef 13.01.2012. Happy SankaranthirgdsACTian

Isn't Ortel good? They don't give crap speeds do they? Ortel was quite funny back in ~2007 when their data usage based billing was not working and limited plans were being used as unlimited plans. They got a lot of customers because of that. I don't know when they fixed their billing system.

----------

Isn't Ortel good? They don't give crap speeds do they?

Ortel was quite funny back in ~2007 when their data usage based billing was not working and limited plans were being used as unlimited plans. They got a lot of customers because of that. I don't know when they fixed their billing system.
ortel is the worst isp in odissa.
they gave 1mbps with lots of dissconnection and less than promising speed in Rs 1299.
bad among all other ISP.
@elepton where are u from and which broadband are u using currently?

Ok, here's another review on ACT Broadband. I was excited to see their plans on the pamphlets thrown into my house and I instantly decided to sign up for the 5Mbps so I can get rid of Airtel, frustrating FUP encounters so I said this is enough! FUP up their A$$.They started working, drawing wires 5 days after I signed up, it took about half a day for them to finish it off. The internet was up and running by the evening. There seemed to be problem with the device that's hooked somewhere on the roof, so it stopped working the next morning. Their customer care kinda sucks cause I had to call them a bunch of times before they answered. What's the deal? I wasn't pleased with it. They said they were going to be here in couple hours, it turned dark and no sign of them until a technical guy calls me at 9 pm telling me he's waiting for me outside my house! Oh man, that's pretty late so they work late? I wasn't around. So anyways, I had it fixed the next morning (it wasn't a biggie, didn't take more than 5 mins). It's been less than a month and it's been running absolutely fine. The speed tests with the American sites are pretty slow (I only get about 2.5 Mbps, never more than that, why?) I usually test speeds downloading something off download.com and I get limited speeds of 2-3Mbps (~250KBps), not that happy v/s what I get on Airtel 4Mbps (I get full!)Although the speeds on torrents are pretty cool, sometimes a little bit more than 5Mbps.I still have Airtel beside me cause I wanted to test the new waters. If ACT lives upto my expectations, Airtel goes outta the nearest window. The non-toll free Customer care needs to get a facelift, they should just learn to answer calls.I still need an explanation on why I get downloads speeds lesser than = 300KBps on American sites. I have no problems with Airtel's speeds.

ortel is the worst isp in odissa.
they gave 1mbps with lots of dissconnection and less than promising speed in Rs 1299.
bad among all other ISP.

I don't know how it has been after 2007 but back in ~2006/2007 it was good enough for me. I don't remember the plan I was in (maybe upto 1 or 2 mbps) but the speed wasn't bad. But this is quite off-topic now.

Ok, here's another review on ACT Broadband.
I was excited to see their plans on the pamphlets thrown into my house and I instantly decided to sign up for the 5Mbps so I can get rid of Airtel, frustrating FUP encounters so I said this is enough! FUP up their A$$.
They started working, drawing wires 5 days after I signed up, it took about half a day for them to finish it off. The internet was up and running by the evening. There seemed to be problem with the device that's hooked somewhere on the roof, so it stopped working the next morning. Their customer care kinda sucks cause I had to call them a bunch of times before they answered. What's the deal? I wasn't pleased with it. They said they were going to be here in couple hours, it turned dark and no sign of them until a technical guy calls me at 9 pm telling me he's waiting for me outside my house! Oh man, that's pretty late so they work late? I wasn't around.
So anyways, I had it fixed the next morning (it wasn't a biggie, didn't take more than 5 mins). It's been less than a month and it's been running absolutely fine. The speed tests with the American sites are pretty slow (I only get about 2.5 Mbps, never more than that, why?) I usually test speeds downloading something off download.com and I get limited speeds of 2-3Mbps (~250KBps), not that happy v/s what I get on Airtel 4Mbps (I get full!)
Although the speeds on torrents are pretty cool, sometimes a little bit more than 5Mbps.

I still have Airtel beside me cause I wanted to test the new waters. If ACT lives upto my expectations, Airtel goes outta the nearest window.
The non-toll free Customer care needs to get a facelift, they should just learn to answer calls.
I still need an explanation on why I get downloads speeds lesser than = 300KBps on American sites. I have no problems with Airtel's speeds.

Hi, As you know the download from diffrent sites varry based on their throughput eventhough you have higher bandwidth. Certainly we are there to resolve your issue if it varries between ACT & Airtel. Can you be more specific on which sites you are experiencing the slow speed.

rgds

Why Don't you Ask ACT to invest in your Company?:dont-know:

That was a twisted one... 🙂
@ACTian
Can i know when are you going to expand your circles??

The speed tests with the American sites are pretty slow (I only get about 2.5 Mbps, never more than that, why?) I usually test speeds downloading something off download.com and I get limited speeds of 2-3Mbps (~250KBps), not that happy v/s what I get on Airtel 4Mbps (I get full!)
Although the speeds on torrents are pretty cool, sometimes a little bit more than 5Mbps.

Hi,
I use Beam and I have 10Mbps plan. Even my speedtest Results shows 3-6Mbps to US & UK servers.
The Thing is which you are comparing to 4Mbps Airtel Broadband:haha:. They can't provide more than 4Mbps so speed test would show 4Mbps to any server. Apparently, Don't Rely On Speedtest Result. Download files from Dedicated Download Servers and From Torrents. A Well Seeded torrents should easily deliver 1.1Mb/sec Speed and If you are doing a HTTP download from dedicated server like Apple You should Get full download speed 1.1-1.2 Mb/sec

PS: I am assuming you are on ACT 10Mbps plan.

These are Some of the Videos who are on Beam 10Mbps plan, you should get some idea.

MY BEAM 10 MBPS DOWNLOAD SPEED.mp4 - YouTube

Beam Fiber 10 Mbps rs1000 plan... broadband review and real world test - YouTube

----------

No.

you have Ambani's and Mittal's Backing you :huh: