ACT broadband. Need reviews

I'm currently using the BSNL 512 kbps plan. It's when i came across the ad from ACT broadband regarding their tariff of 5mbps and 512kbps there after that i thought of using it. In BSNL, i currently have a download speed of around 70kbps. Is ACT genuine? They say that thery use optical fibre connection to prevent loss of bandwidth. What would be my download speed dat if i am selecting this tariff? Please reply ASAP.

but wat abt dis ACT is dis a promising company?? is it ok to leave BSNL and take their connection??

audioslave

What?
Regulars
but wat abt dis ACT is dis a promising company?? is it ok to leave BSNL and take their connection??

Where do you stay?

mgcarley

Founder, Hayai Broadband
Regulars
ACT is a surprisingly big company (they own stakes in Beam in Hyderabad also) - they started out in TV and Broadband is a secondary service for them.Your speed would increase only for the first few GB of your usage (so if you're a light user, this is not a problem), after which it would reduce to the same speeds as BSNL.The only issue with using cable internet is usually the cable operators themselves who are offering the service in your area on behalf of ACT: SOME of them can be quite "cavalier" about downtime/customer service, so check with your neighbours if they have any experience with the cable operator - the reason being that even if the broadband company itself might be quite good, the cable operator might let it down in terms of service.

audioslave

What?
Regulars
I believe the Broadband is provided by the company itself? I have Heard Folks telling me their broadband connection was installed and payments are directly Done to ACT. Broadband is Provided via FTTB Same like Beam.

mgcarley

Founder, Hayai Broadband
Regulars
I believe the Broadband is provided by the company itself? I have Heard Folks telling me their broadband connection was installed and payments are directly Done to ACT. Broadband is Provided via FTTB Same like Beam.

Hard to say. It could be a bit like the situation here in Mumbai or in Hyderabad where in the area surrounding the ISPs HQ the net is delivered directly but in other areas it's provided by LCOs. But I'm not personally familiar enough with Bangalore to know what the situation could be.

audioslave

What?
Regulars
I have personally Spoken to the guys who have a ACT connection on TE They say they have been served by ACT persons. Anyways, We have a official ACT guy on this forum. let him answer this.

vjprakashbe

Regular
Regulars
Anyways, We have a official ACT guy on this forum. let him answer this.
But this topic is under BSNL broadband. Else it would have been already answered by ACTan.

@moderator: wanted to shift , but ACT forum not available. will shift later.better feed back here.