ACT Broadband FUP limit

ISP
ACT
Customer ID - 10711977
I got a new ACT broadband in the month of December. It's a 15Mbps 40GB connection.
Around Jan 23rd, I noticed that my internet speed dropped to 512 Kbs. I called customer support and was told that I've used my 40GB download when I challenged this, the rep raised a ticket and told me that I would get a call back with 4 hours. I got a call back after repeated calls and multiple tickets. I was finally told by someone in the tech team that there was a server mismatch because of which my speed dropped. The issue was rectified and I was back to 15Mbps browsing speed. I has the same issue around Jan 27th. I went through the same cycle and was told that there was a server mismatch again.
Seeing what happened in Jan, I kept a tab of how much I downloaded in Feb. My internet speed fell to 512 Kbps on the 26th. Once again I called the customer service and was told I've already crossed the broadband download limit. I found this very strange considering that I had 4 to 5 GB of download balance. In fact according to the customer care rep, I've downloaded more than 40GB. How I downloaded the additional GB's is a mystery, considering that once my broadband speed is 512Kbps, I can only browse and not download anything (this is another complaint I raised with ACT today). I'm waiting for a call back. I don't know if it'll really help because 28th is the last day of the month. If this keeps happening for 3 or 4 days every month, it'll just be a waste of my time and money. I'd rather go with a provider I can trust.
I had a BSNL broadband connection before this. My biggest regret is giving up that connection to get an ACT connection. I've spent more time with ACT customer care in last 2 months than I spend with BSNL in the 8+ years I've had the connection. I've never been on the phone with them debating my broadband usage. I always got the correct amount of downloads with that connection (BSNL). I wish I had kept that connection till feb end.

Dude....Be happy you have ACT Broadband.......People in CV Raman Nagar are stuck with BSNL.........We are ready to apply for Act broadband but it is not available ........BSNL sucks to the core.......You pay 900,you get 2MBps,FUP is 8GB,post FUP 512 KBps......Dude this is stupid.......I am sure you cant regret buying ACT Broadband.....Dude again I am telling DO NOT GO BACK TO BSNL......It has the worst service.....You said you dint have to call BSNL for their service..........The thing is you cant......They wont even pick up your phone.....

nisha.sundar said:
Customer ID - 10711977
I got a new ACT broadband in the month of December. It's a 15Mbps 40GB connection.
Around Jan 23rd, I noticed that my internet speed dropped to 512 Kbs. I called customer support and was told that I've used my 40GB download when I challenged this, the rep raised a ticket and told me that I would get a call back with 4 hours. I got a call back after repeated calls and multiple tickets. I was finally told by someone in the tech team that there was a server mismatch because of which my speed dropped. The issue was rectified and I was back to 15Mbps browsing speed. I has the same issue around Jan 27th. I went through the same cycle and was told that there was a server mismatch again.
Seeing what happened in Jan, I kept a tab of how much I downloaded in Feb. My internet speed fell to 512 Kbps on the 26th. Once again I called the customer service and was told I've already crossed the broadband download limit. I found this very strange considering that I had 4 to 5 GB of download balance. In fact according to the customer care rep, I've downloaded more than 40GB. How I downloaded the additional GB's is a mystery, considering that once my broadband speed is 512Kbps, I can only browse and not download anything (this is another complaint I raised with ACT today). I'm waiting for a call back. I don't know if it'll really help because 28th is the last day of the month. If this keeps happening for 3 or 4 days every month, it'll just be a waste of my time and money. I'd rather go with a provider I can trust.
I had a BSNL broadband connection before this. My biggest regret is giving up that connection to get an ACT connection. I've spent more time with ACT customer care in last 2 months than I spend with BSNL in the 8+ years I've had the connection. I've never been on the phone with them debating my broadband usage. I always got the correct amount of downloads with that connection (BSNL). I wish I had kept that connection till feb end.
Hi Nisha,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for sharing the issue and other details with us. We will forward the issue to the concerned team and they will shortly get in touch with you. We assure you that the issue will get resolved ASAP.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

nisha.sundar said:
Customer ID - 10711977
Hello Nisha,
The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any other queries. Thank you for your cooperation.
Warm Regards,ACT Broadband
satya_461 said:
Dear Satya,We are extremely sorry for the trouble. We assure you that we will escalate your grievance on the highest priority and make sure it is resolved permanently. Thank you for your cooperation.Warm Regards,ACT Broadband

Guys. I want to know how much it costs exactly for the AONT box energy consumtion. May I know fo rreal it will take only 4 to 5 units per month?