ACT Broadband: Extremely bad service :( Avoid connection in Indranagar zone.

I sincerely advise against anyone going for this shady connection.
10 Mbps is just promised, you will not get above 4Mbps, avg speed will be less than 2Mbps speeds most of the time.
Any complaint you file they will simply sit on it. Customer care will always say sorry and won't do anything.
Manager is too busy to ever be connected(wondering there exists such a fellow at all). Called today 5 times but he/she is neither available nor does a callback.
I made a mistake paying 3 months advance.
Already asked for disconnection and hoping i at-least get some of my money back.

Regards
an extremely pained customer.

----------

Attaching a speedtest results over a period of time. Evidence of fluctuation in performance.
The actual download speeds are so much slower than even the speedtest results that you will be banging your head against a wall.

https://i.imgur.com/kmaRx.png

I sincerely advise against anyone going for this shady connection.
10 Mbps is just promised, you will not get above 4Mbps, avg speed will be less than 2Mbps speeds most of the time.
Any complaint you file they will simply sit on it. Customer care will always say sorry and won't do anything.
Manager is too busy to ever be connected(wondering there exists such a fellow at all). Called today 5 times but he/she is neither available nor does a callback.
I made a mistake paying 3 months advance.
Already asked for disconnection and hoping i at-least get some of my money back.

Regards
an extremely pained customer.

----------

Attaching a speedtest results over a period of time. Evidence of fluctuation in performance.
The actual download speeds are so much slower than even the speedtest results that you will be banging your head against a wall.

https://i.imgur.com/kmaRx.png
Dear friend always remember speed outside INDIA depends on international bandwidth. I feel ur getting good speed of 5mbps+, so there is no point bashing them. I too observe that i see within INDIA u r getting near to 10mbps, no point in bashing them.

Even i am from bangalore, but currently not available in our area. If it was available i would have taken it

Dear friend. I beg to differ. I am not pinging some third world country in sub-saharan desert zone. If there is bandwidth issue then its on the end of ACT. If they cant provide decent speeds they should not talk abt 10Mbps plans. I don't know about you but there is hardly anything you download from Indian servers. I think this speed is achieved by internal bandwidth sharing(just like being on LAN) for Indian servers.Also read as i mention connection speed not consistent and download speeds are far worse. I had airtel 4Mbps plan at Sarjapur road and my downloads were much faster.4Mbps used to mean 500KBps on torrents. On this connection its not even 350KBps.Even direct downloads with available bandwidth in upwards of 2Mbps are resulting in 400Kbps.Come to think of it. There is no reason for us to settle with mediocre connections.

Hi lokesh, I too am from indiranagar. I have been contemplating shifting to ACT broadband, but I am hesitant since not much feedBack on ACT yet. I am waiting for more reviews before I shift. Your feedback does not portray ACT in very good light. Please keep the forum updated on your experience. I agree with you if the company promises 10Mbps it should provide that speed. Why deceive customers if you cannot provide the speed mentioned. I hope ACT broadband is still active on this forum and will address the issue. Please keep us informed about the progress. Customer care is a very important deciding factor for me, if I go in for a new connection. Thanks

Dear friend.
I beg to differ. I am not pinging some third world country in sub-saharan desert zone. If there is bandwidth issue then its on the end of ACT. If they cant provide decent speeds they should not talk abt 10Mbps plans. I don't know about you but there is hardly anything you download from Indian servers. I think this speed is achieved by internal bandwidth sharing(just like being on LAN) for Indian servers.
Also read as i mention connection speed not consistent and download speeds are far worse.
I had airtel 4Mbps plan at Sarjapur road and my downloads were much faster.
4Mbps used to mean 500KBps on torrents. On this connection its not even 350KBps.
Even direct downloads with available bandwidth in upwards of 2Mbps are resulting in 400Kbps.

Come to think of it. There is no reason for us to settle with mediocre connections.

Your speeds are perfectly adequate and comply with all the regulations. They are only required to give you 10mbit/s up to their own servers but you're getting it all the way to Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai from Bangalore.

The fact that you only get 5mbit/s to London or 3.5mbit/s to Miami is not worth complaining about - Florida is one of the worst connected states in the US of A and as such ALWAYS gives bad results anywhere west of Los Angeles (I've had awful results to FL from Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and NZ), and with London you're competing with all the countries between India and the UK for bandwidth on the few cables that traverse those routes. Not to mention, London's speedtest.net servers are some of the busiest in the region - try Limerick in Ireland or something instead, it's often much better.

I'm on an "up to" 100mbit/s connection here in Mumbai. I get maybe 85-90mbit/s within my own network, 75mbit/s to the Mumbai speedtest.net servers, in the 40s and 50s to Chennai, Kochi and Delhi but my results to the rest of the world can vary wildly - doesn't matter if it's the UK, USA or some third-world country. Even on a well-seeded torrent I'm likely to hit only about 30 or 35mbit/s (it usually finishes before it has the chance to get faster), so what do I need to do to saturate the line? Download more than one, of course! Several files downloaded using Bittorrent at an average of 1.... on Twitpic

But I digress: none of this is the fault of my ISP (I know it's not a capacity problem), but it is the nature of the Internet that the further away from the source you go, the slower your speeds are going to be. If I download a file from some big website like Microsoft or Apple or Google, it's going to come down at damn-near 100mbit/s, whereas if I download from some random site in any given country, the chances of me hitting anywhere near that speed are very low.

As far as ACT's achieving high-speeds by being on a LAN, you're kind of right. This is called peering and is a very good thing (otherwise you get the situation where ISP X in Delhi talks to ISP Y in Noida by diverting traffic to somewhere unnecessarily like France). ACT is also a company that utilizes HUGE amounts of caching (as does Beam in Hyderabad, Fivenet in Mumbai and Alliance in Kolkata, among many others) in order to help it's users achieve these speeds relatively consistently.

So why aren't you getting as good speeds on torrents as you did on Airtel? I don't see any good reasons (you should be able to hit a full 1.1mbit/s most of the time, in theory) but there are a few possibilities you're not: ACT may limit the number of connections any one user can maintain. This is both a good and a bad thing but trust me, it's better than traffic shaping (which Airtel now does). Secondly, connection quality can vary by area - whether we compare 1 to another with the same ISP or 1 to another with different ISPs - and if I'm not mistaken, it appears from your original post that you've shifted house. If Airtel was available, would their connection be of the same quality there as it is at your old place? It's anybody's guess. Could there be some port blocking in your router's firewall that's preventing connections to a certain port? Maybe your firewall is preventing connections (check that IPtables or your firewall of choice is allowing transmission or deluge or whatever you're using on your distro to connect on both public and private networks). Lastly, maybe ACT have got in to traffic shaping too? Google for the Glasnost test and find out.

Anyway, while I fully agree with your conclusion (there is no reason for you to settle for mediocre connections), I don't agree with how you came to the conclusion. You are on a consumer broadband, not a leased line with a dedicated link between Bangalore and the cities of your choosing, and as such you are rarely going to get full speeds to the world outside India - I hate to say it and please don't be offended, but to think that you're either entitled to (or otherwise going to get without shelling out the requisite cash) is foolish - your ISP (whether Airtel, ACT or otherwise) has a certain amount of bandwidth with which it has to supply anything from a few ten thousands to a few million customers and as a consumer you are paying a lot less for your connection (per megabit) than ACT does, which is why they have to do all this load balancing and sharing - and the same applies to any ISP anywhere in the world.

I don't really buy most of your arguments -1) Don't compare 100mbps connection issues with 10mbps. The chances of variance at your connection level are far bigger to compare hence this is entirely different problem than what you are facing. You aren't getting 10mbps when you are signed up for 100mbps right?2) Even with your recommended server Limerick am getting 2.xmbps on speedtest at 6 in morning which states my point in perfect light. Your connection speed is too good to be handled by many of ISPs as you mention but not so much in my case. Its simply ACT is at fault.3) I have dropped everything on Firewall. My incoming ports are in perfect state as indicated by my tests. Its as good as i have plugged the internet line directly into my laptop. Hence its not something a fault of my wifi connection. But still the variance in speeds is staggering. Its like playing slot machine, you never know what you can get. The direct downloads for data which is not cached is not even 60% of expected speed. Same goes with parallel downloads over torrents. I think you are right in saying ACT is capping my simultaneous connections which entirely beats up my plan to use torrents to begin with. That's if you use MS or google sites you will get speed and anything else just don't expect. I am sorry i didn't signup for cached version of internet.4) When you are opting for a connection you are not hoping to get 1/5 or 1/10 speeds. Its the false claims i have issues with. If ACT has issue managing 10mbps on connection then it should not claim for it. Call it upto 4mbps or 5mbps connection with avg speed of 2.5mbps observed. Then i would not be having this issue at all. they way things are currently i call it cheating not business practice. My experience with airtel did not vary with changing places. I had airtel connection at 2 locations in bombay and 1 in blr and they actually provided near perfect speeds they promised. MY decision to go for ACT was simply because i wanted to have better speed. If its not even comparable to what airtel provides then i am pretty sure i am switching to airtel again.5) Its not so much as on access speeds but the customer care services that i am having issues with. They are absolutely pathetic liars. You get assurances and no one follows up. Calling 5 times a day to confirm when will the technician come to check issue is not something i want to do and unless you are into some masochistic state of mind neither would you.Hence my conclusion is NOT to pick up ACT for simple fact of matter - it seems they are too busy with their new IPTV services. If you take internet connection with them you are playing dice. It might work out for you and it might now but believe it its not going to be a nice feeling talking to customer care.

I don't really buy most of your arguments -
1) Don't compare 100mbps connection issues with 10mbps. The chances of variance at your connection level are far bigger to compare hence this is entirely different problem than what you are facing. You aren't getting 10mbps when you are signed up for 100mbps right?
2) Even with your recommended server Limerick am getting 2.xmbps on speedtest at 6 in morning which states my point in perfect light. Your connection speed is too good to be handled by many of ISPs as you mention but not so much in my case. Its simply ACT is at fault.
3) I have dropped everything on Firewall. My incoming ports are in perfect state as indicated by my tests. Its as good as i have plugged the internet line directly into my laptop. Hence its not something a fault of my wifi connection. But still the variance in speeds is staggering. Its like playing slot machine, you never know what you can get. The direct downloads for data which is not cached is not even 60% of expected speed. Same goes with parallel downloads over torrents. I think you are right in saying ACT is capping my simultaneous connections which entirely beats up my plan to use torrents to begin with. That's if you use MS or google sites you will get speed and anything else just don't expect. I am sorry i didn't signup for cached version of internet.
4) When you are opting for a connection you are not hoping to get 1/5 or 1/10 speeds. Its the false claims i have issues with. If ACT has issue managing 10mbps on connection then it should not claim for it. Call it upto 4mbps or 5mbps connection with avg speed of 2.5mbps observed. Then i would not be having this issue at all. they way things are currently i call it cheating not business practice. My experience with airtel did not vary with changing places. I had airtel connection at 2 locations in bombay and 1 in blr and they actually provided near perfect speeds they promised. MY decision to go for ACT was simply because i wanted to have better speed. If its not even comparable to what airtel provides then i am pretty sure i am switching to airtel again.
5) Its not so much as on access speeds but the customer care services that i am having issues with. They are absolutely pathetic liars. You get assurances and no one follows up. Calling 5 times a day to confirm when will the technician come to check issue is not something i want to do and unless you are into some masochistic state of mind neither would you.

Hence my conclusion is NOT to pick up ACT for simple fact of matter - it seems they are too busy with their new IPTV services. If you take internet connection with them you are playing dice. It might work out for you and it might now but believe it its not going to be a nice feeling talking to customer care.

PUT ur user id here. Act Representee will solve ur issue. Hoping so. If they dont solve it keep posting for further updates

I don't really buy most of your arguments -
1) Don't compare 100mbps connection issues with 10mbps. The chances of variance at your connection level are far bigger to compare hence this is entirely different problem than what you are facing. You aren't getting 10mbps when you are signed up for 100mbps right?

Did you read my post or see the image? I get close to 100mbit/s within India, as I would expect, but as I tried to explain in my last post, there is no way I could expect to pull 100mbit/s from the US or London - I'm not on a leased line or even my own MPLS connection, I'm on the public Internet, and as such I'm competing with millions of other people from Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe trying to access (for example) London, and similarly I'm competing with Asia and the western US states with traffic to (for example) Florida or DC.

To think that I can get the exact speed I'm subscribed to to any city anywhere in the world would be foolish, and the best way to increase your speeds to any particular location? Move there. Seriously.

2) Even with your recommended server Limerick am getting 2.xmbps on speedtest at 6 in morning which states my point in perfect light. Your connection speed is too good to be handled by many of ISPs as you mention but not so much in my case. Its simply ACT is at fault.

Not really. The world doesn't operate on Indian time - we are 5.5 hours ahead of the UK and so 6 in the morning here is 12.30am there which is shortly before "peak" (evening) hours finish in most of Europe. The result can vary wildly by hour.

3) I have dropped everything on Firewall. My incoming ports are in perfect state as indicated by my tests. Its as good as i have plugged the internet line directly into my laptop. Hence its not something a fault of my wifi connection.

By *your* tests? What tests would those be? Who said anything about WiFi?

But still the variance in speeds is staggering. Its like playing slot machine, you never know what you can get.

Exactly. This is not the fault of ACT. If you went to Finland, Sweden, Romania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Japan... any of these countries which are all known for having fantastic quality of Internet, you'd still experience similar issues when downloading from sites where the servers are not located in the respective countries - I've lived in two of those countries but have been to all and tested the Internet connectivity there and am speaking from experience, not theory.

I think you are right in saying ACT is capping my simultaneous connections which entirely beats up my plan to use torrents to begin with.

Did you even try the Glasnost test?

That's if you use MS or google sites you will get speed and anything else just don't expect.

Have you even tried?

The direct downloads for data which is not cached is not even 60% of expected speed. Same goes with parallel downloads over torrents.I am sorry i didn't signup for cached version of internet.

You don't understand how the Internet works, do you? EVERY ISP EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD USES CACHING. If you want a 10mbit/s line that gives you in the 95th percentile of 10mbit/s to London or Miami, I can give you a rough pricing estimate for an MPLS or VPN line... (Think in terms of lakhs per year... enough said?)

4) When you are opting for a connection you are not hoping to get 1/5 or 1/10 speeds. Its the false claims i have issues with. If ACT has issue managing 10mbps on connection then it should not claim for it. Call it upto 4mbps or 5mbps connection with avg speed of 2.5mbps observed. Then i would not be having this issue at all. they way things are currently i call it cheating not business practice. My experience with airtel did not vary with changing places. I had airtel connection at 2 locations in bombay and 1 in blr and they actually provided near perfect speeds they promised. MY decision to go for ACT was simply because i wanted to have better speed. If its not even comparable to what airtel provides then i am pretty sure i am switching to airtel again.

It's quite well documented that Airtel does not provide "perfect speeds" to every single server everywhere in the world, as per the Airtel threads. Some places are better than others. Moreover, I deal with crappy routing from my upstream providers (which include Airtel) every single day, as my company buy some of it's bandwidth from their wholesale division and that bandwidth *is* dedicated and STILL they don't give full speed to some places unless they've got equipment sitting right next to Airtel's equipment in the same data centre at the London Internet Exchange.

But I digress: you *are* getting 10mbit/s. You *are* able to get 10mbit/s, and I'm sure if you tried to download a torrent that was seeded from my PC you'd get your full 10mbit/s. As such, there is nothing wrong with them calling it a 10mbit/s line. Your pings as indicated in your screenshot are also actually pretty good, FWIW.

5) Its not so much as on access speeds but the customer care services that i am having issues with. They are absolutely pathetic liars. You get assurances and no one follows up. Calling 5 times a day to confirm when will the technician come to check issue is not something i want to do and unless you are into some masochistic state of mind neither would you.

Hence my conclusion is NOT to pick up ACT for simple fact of matter - it seems they are too busy with their new IPTV services. If you take internet connection with them you are playing dice. It might work out for you and it might now but believe it its not going to be a nice feeling talking to customer care.

This is regrettable for them and not something I can comment on as I am not a customer of or otherwise affiliated with ACT - I'm just trying to help you understand how the Internet works.

torrent speeds seem surprising. Can you post a screenshot of the speeds you are getting while downloading a well seeded torrent like say ubuntu.

Super Writeup. I agree that in a perfect world you would get what you pay for. As things stand, I am heppy to get even say 2 MB/SEC.wE NEED TO BE REALISTIC.One should take the optimum ISP beased on performance/reliability and Price.Thank you once again.Mohan Rajan

Did you read my post or see the image? I get close to 100mbit/s within India, as I would expect, but as I tried to explain in my last post, there is no way I could expect to pull 100mbit/s from the US or London - I'm not on a leased line or even my own MPLS connection, I'm on the public Internet, and as such I'm competing with millions of other people from Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe trying to access (for example) London, and similarly I'm competing with Asia and the western US states with traffic to (for example) Florida or DC.

To think that I can get the exact speed I'm subscribed to to any city anywhere in the world would be foolish, and the best way to increase your speeds to any particular location? Move there. Seriously.

Read again. I am not even getting 4Mbps. now that's not something most ISP will have problem with. Calm down and read my statements first before jumping the wagon that i don't understand how internet works.

Not really. The world doesn't operate on Indian time - we are 5.5 hours ahead of the UK and so 6 in the morning here is 12.30am there which is shortly before "peak" (evening) hours finish in most of Europe. The result can vary wildly by hour.

PEAK hours are not business hours but dinner time. Quite interesting. I am sure you have really got exposure to the cultures of the world but as i see. peak hours would not be the time when people are eating dinner/drinking at pubs/sleeping at home. Correct me if i am wrong.

By *your* tests? What tests would those be? Who said anything about WiFi?

My test was simple enough. I was testing if my incoming connections are working or not. There are cases where wifi routers don't allow incoming connections. Care to read before trying to prove me a fool ?

Exactly. This is not the fault of ACT. If you went to Finland, Sweden, Romania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Japan... any of these countries which are all known for having fantastic quality of Internet, you'd still experience similar issues when downloading from sites where the servers are not located in the respective countries - I've lived in two of those countries but have been to all and tested the Internet connectivity there and am speaking from experience, not theory.

My downloads are primary torrent downloads of american/BBC shows. With 20k plus seeders/peers if i am not getting 300Kbps speed constantly then there is a problem with ACT. You can keep on defending ACT but thats the reality.

Did you even try the Glasnost test?

Attaching results --
Results for your host (106.51.91.53 - 106.51.91.53):
Is your upload traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads.
However, some of the measurements were affected by noise, which limits Glasnost ability to detect rate limiting.

Details:

* There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 6738 Kbps while uploads using BitTorrent achieved up to 6668 Kbps.

* There is no indication that your ISP rate limits uploads on port 6881 or 47460. In our tests, uploads on port 6881 achieved up to 7644 Kbps while uploads on port 47460 achieved up to 6738 Kbps.
Is your download traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads.
However, some of the measurements were affected by noise, which limits Glasnost ability to detect rate limiting.

Details:

* There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests, downloads using control flows achieved up to 3694 Kbps while downloads using BitTorrent achieved up to 4930 Kbps.

* There is no indication that your ISP rate limits downloads on port 6881 or 47460. In our tests, downloads on port 6881 achieved up to 4930 Kbps while downloads on port 47460 achieved up to 3344 Kbps.

You don't understand how the Internet works, do you? EVERY ISP EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD USES CACHING. If you want a 10mbit/s line that gives you in the 95th percentile of 10mbit/s to London or Miami, I can give you a rough pricing estimate for an MPLS or VPN line... (Think in terms of lakhs per year... enough said?)

Yep i don't understand internet one bit. I was just an admin for student network at IIT Bombay having mere Gbps network. why would i know anything about networking. Not that i have ever touched a big router. Neither have i configured squid proxy more than a couple of times. I am not asking for dedicated line here. i am just saying if most traffic from major sites is cached anyway(or is served thru india based servers) then they can manage even 50% speeds on direct downloads or is that too much to ask. Please to answer your highness as you are in that business.

It's quite well documented that Airtel does not provide "perfect speeds" to every single server everywhere in the world, as per the Airtel threads. Some places are better than others. Moreover, I deal with crappy routing from my upstream providers (which include Airtel) every single day, as my company buy some of it's bandwidth from their wholesale division and that bandwidth *is* dedicated and STILL they don't give full speed to some places unless they've got equipment sitting right next to Airtel's equipment in the same data centre at the London Internet Exchange.

You want to go technical please go ahead and discuses with admins of the world. what i care for is crystal clear. Decent download speeds for my downloads. Airtel worked for me fine and thast what i am saying. You wanna crib go to against airtel feel free to go to airtel section of the forum and crib.

But I digress: you *are* getting 10mbit/s. You *are* able to get 10mbit/s, and I'm sure if you tried to download a torrent that was seeded from my PC you'd get your full 10mbit/s. As such, there is nothing wrong with them calling it a 10mbit/s line. Your pings as indicated in your screenshot are also actually pretty good, FWIW.

We can agree to disagree. I understand you are trying to make me believe its 10Mbps just like AT&T has got truely unlimited internet over their mobiles. The funny fact here is ACT technicians claim the pings according to speedtest results are really bad and hence latency is the reason speedtest will never give me any good results. It would be nice if you give them some advise on that.

This is regrettable for them and not something I can comment on as I am not a customer of or otherwise affiliated with ACT - I'm just trying to help you understand how the Internet works.

I think i understand for most part. Unless you want to get all technical upon me i think i know my way in the world of Internet.

Read again. I am not even getting 4Mbps. now that's not something most ISP will have problem with. Calm down and read my statements first before jumping the wagon that i don't understand how internet works.

Other threads on this forum beg to differ.

You're saying you "didn't sign up for the cached version of the Internet" when it is, in fact, common practice for all ISPs to do just that.

PEAK hours are not business hours but dinner time. Quite interesting. I am sure you have really got exposure to the cultures of the world but as i see. peak hours would not be the time when people are eating dinner/drinking at pubs/sleeping at home. Correct me if i am wrong.

Look at any traffic graph, peak hours are generally accepted to be from late afternoon (5pm or so) until about 2am (local time zones)

My test was simple enough. I was testing if my incoming connections are working or not. There are cases where wifi routers don't allow incoming connections. Care to read before trying to prove me a fool ?

That test does not show whether torrents are being throttled and frankly, doesn't indicate anything except that your firewall and/or router (if you have one) is configured correctly. Moreover, almost all WiFi routers I have encountered have the ability to open ports, which as you must know is a requirement for torrents to work properly.

My downloads are primary torrent downloads of american/BBC shows. With 20k plus seeders/peers if i am not getting 300Kbps speed constantly then there is a problem with ACT. You can keep on defending ACT but thats the reality.

I'm not defending ACT, I'm trying to get you to give me the results of an actual connectivity test.

Attaching results --
Results for your host (106.51.91.53 - 106.51.91.53):
Is your upload traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads.

Details:

* There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 6738 Kbps while uploads using BitTorrent achieved up to 6668 Kbps.

* There is no indication that your ISP rate limits uploads on port 6881 or 47460. In our tests, uploads on port 6881 achieved up to 7644 Kbps while uploads on port 47460 achieved up to 6738 Kbps.
Is your download traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads.

Details:

* There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests, downloads using control flows achieved up to 3694 Kbps while downloads using BitTorrent achieved up to 4930 Kbps.

* There is no indication that your ISP rate limits downloads on port 6881 or 47460. In our tests, downloads on port 6881 achieved up to 4930 Kbps while downloads on port 47460 achieved up to 3344 Kbps.

Yup. Something is definitely up here. I'm pretty certain they're limiting connections.

Yep i don't understand internet one bit. I was just an admin for student network at IIT Bombay having mere Gbps network. why would i know anything about networking. Not that i have ever touched a big router. Neither have i configured squid proxy more than a couple of times. I am not asking for dedicated line here. i am just saying if most traffic from major sites is cached anyway(or is served thru india based servers) then they can manage even 50% speeds on direct downloads or is that too much to ask. Please to answer your highness as you are in that business.

Ah. IIT. Your attitude is merely validating why I never hire IITans 😉

As I mentioned in my initial post, I agreed that we shouldn't have to suffer through sub-par connectivity from providers in India.

You want to go technical please go ahead and discuses with admins of the world. what i care for is crystal clear. Decent download speeds for my downloads. Airtel worked for me fine and thast what i am saying. You wanna crib go to against airtel feel free to go to airtel section of the forum and crib.

As I'm not an Airtel Broadband subscriber, I can't do that and there's no sub-forum for us wholesale customers.

We can agree to disagree. I understand you are trying to make me believe its 10Mbps just like AT&T has got truely unlimited internet over their mobiles. The funny fact here is ACT technicians claim the pings according to speedtest results are really bad and hence latency is the reason speedtest will never give me any good results. It would be nice if you give them some advise on that.

As per my initial post, the pings and speeds to Indian servers were perfectly adequate and there is nothing wrong with the connectivity between ACT and the speedtest.net servers, at least. That being said, you are quite right in that you are not achieving the speeds you should be getting, and while you *should* be able to for some reason you are not.

I think i understand for most part. Unless you want to get all technical upon me i think i know my way in the world of Internet.

I'm happy to get technical with you if you so desire, but despite you being a Linux user I was otherwise unable to gauge your actual knowledge - from where I was sitting, it just looked like you were whining for no reason (you get the prescribed speeds within India which satisfies all advertising and regulatory requirements, yet you seemed to think you're entitled to have those speeds to anywhere in the world).

But now I know you're an IITan, well... we'll leave it at that 🙂

Lokesh,I dont think you will get the same speed readings with Miami or other contry server as you do from the chennai or kochi server which give accurate readings. Even if you go to colombo, the speed reduces. I get a complete 4mbps with Airtel Kochi but only 3.2 odd in the Miami server. And I have absolutely no speed issues at all, Torrents during night time download at 450+ kbps.I think the problem here is that your ISP is shaping torrent traffic and you are thinking that low torrent speed is because of low internet speed overall which might not be the case. I guess best bet is to check from local servers and report if the speed test from nearby servers are low.