ACT broadband connection trouble - (Resolved)

soumyadipta9

ISP
data one
I'd applied for a new broadband connection (in Marathahalli, Bangalore) and the documents were collected, along with an initial deposit cheque of Rs 2016, last Saturday (15th Feb). The cable box (or whatever that was) was installed promptly after that, on the following Monday (17th Feb) and I was also told that the connection will be activated within 1-2 days.
But till now I haven't gotten my connection. Customer care, as expected, can't provide any clear answer. Called yesterday & was told "It'll be activated by tomorrow end of the day" which, as you can guess, hasn't happened. While applying for the connection I was repeatedly assured it won't take more than 7 days, at the maximum.
What's worse is that the ACT representative, who collected the documents & the Rs 2016 cheque, is not picking up my calls. I'm getting kinda worried here. If this is how it is to get a connection, how is it gonna be after that !!
Requesting ACT broadband to take a look into the matter and get it sorted ASAP.
Application Number: 93226

soumyadipta9 said:
I'd applied for a new broadband connection (in Marathahalli, Bangalore) and the documents were collected, along with an initial deposit cheque of Rs 2016, last Saturday (15th Feb). The cable box (or whatever that was) was installed promptly after that, on the following Monday (17th Feb) and I was also told that the connection will be activated within 1-2 days.
But till now I haven't gotten my connection. Customer care, as expected, can't provide any clear answer. Called yesterday & was told "It'll be activated by tomorrow end of the day" which, as you can guess, hasn't happened. While applying for the connection I was repeatedly assured it won't take more than 7 days, at the maximum.
What's worse is that the ACT representative, who collected the documents & the Rs 2016 cheque, is not picking up my calls. I'm getting kinda worried here. If this is how it is to get a connection, how is it gonna be after that !!
Hi Soumya,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for sharing the issue and other details with us. We will forward the issue to the concerned team and they will shortly get in touch with you. We assure you that the issue will get resolved ASAP.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Connection has been activated yesterday after another call to Customer Care. Speed, as expected, is excellent. Do have one query though-
I'd called ACT CC regarding the billing cycle and all. I was told at the end of this month (i,e. 28th Feb) I'll get two bills-

[*]One for the 5 days (connection was activated on 24th Feb) of this month I'll be using the connection.
[*]The other is the full rental (Rs 1516), to be paid in advance, for next month (i,e. March)
[/list]What I don't understand, is the first bill (for 24th to 28th Feb). Since I had already paid one months rental (apart from Rs 500 for installation) as initial deposit, I thought the first month will be covered under that. Is it not so ?

ACT follows prepaid model for the billing. When the first bill is generated, the bill will be for the full month of March + 5 days in February.
Your due amount when the bill is generated would be = March Month rental + 5 Days in Feb rental - amount paid in advance.

gopichandpai said:
ACT follows prepaid model for the billing. When the first bill is generated, the bill will be for the full month of March + 5 days in February.
Your due amount when the bill is generated would be = March Month rental + 5 Days in Feb rental - amount paid in advance.
Thanks for the info.

soumyadipta9 said:
Hi Soumya,
The above mentioned grievances(with regard to installation and billing) have been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any other queries. Thank you for your cooperation.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Hi Soumya,
The above mentioned grievances(with regard to installation and billing) have been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any other queries. Thank you for your cooperation.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Yes, indeed that issue was resolved and I got my connection activated on Feb 24. And, I'd (note the past tense please) been enjoying excellent download/upload speed for the past 3 days.

Unfortunately, the story hasn't ended yet. Last night, the connection went off all of a sudden. Promptly called Customer Care in the morning, registered a complaint (Request no: 0001758051) and got assurance it will be resolved at the earliest. But, as you can guess, it hasn't been 'resolved' yet. Even though an ACT technician apparently did visit and then call us (at around 7 pm in the evening) saying the issue has been fixed.
So, called customer care again and was told that the complaint is still open on their end & got assurance, again, that "it will be resolved as soon as possible".
Two things I'd like to mention here-

[*]The connection got activated barely 3 days ago. And I'm already fed up !!
[*]Every time I have to call your Customer Care, IT COSTS ME MONEY (in addition to the Rs 1500 I'll be paying you every month for the connection). If you're gonna give me downtimes at this rate, the least you can do is arrange for a toll free number.
[/list]Maybe I'm being too impatient, maybe it'll get better in the days to come (and I won't be holding back on the praises if it does). But, as of right now, I'm regretting my decision to go with ACT Broadband.

soumyadipta9 said:
Yes, indeed that issue was resolved and I got my connection activated on Feb 24. And, I'd (note the past tense please) been enjoying excellent download/upload speed for the past 3 days.

Unfortunately, the story hasn't ended yet. Last night, the connection went off all of a sudden. Promptly called Customer Care in the morning, registered a complaint (Request no: 0001758051) and got assurance it will be resolved at the earliest. But, as you can guess, it hasn't been 'resolved' yet. Even though an ACT technician apparently did visit and then call us (at around 7 pm in the evening) saying the issue has been fixed.
So, called customer care again and was told that the complaint is still open on their end & got assurance, again, that "it will be resolved as soon as possible".
Two things I'd like to mention here-

[*]The connection got activated barely 3 days ago. And I'm already fed up !!
[*]Every time I have to call your Customer Care, IT COSTS ME MONEY (in addition to the Rs 1500 I'll be paying you every month for the connection). If you're gonna give me downtimes at this rate, the least you can do is arrange for a toll free number.
[/list]Maybe I'm being too impatient, maybe it'll get better in the days to come (and I won't be holding back on the praises if it does). But, as of right now, I'm regretting my decision to go with ACT Broadband.
Dear Soumya,

We are extremely sorry for the trouble. We assure you that we will escalate your grievance on the highest priority and make sure it is addressed soon.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Dear Soumya,

We are extremely sorry for the trouble. We assure you that we will escalate your grievance on the highest priority and make sure it is addressed soon.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband
^^ That notwithstanding, the stellar service continues. Three full days have passed since I raised the complaint and I'm still at 'square one'.
This is despite countless calls to the Customer Care and repeated assurances of 'highest priority' and 'will be resolved by the end of the day'.
Worth mentioning here, I got the above "will be resolved by EoD" promise a total of 3 times yesterday (Saturday, March 01).
As of now, I've simply given up on customer care (just a waste of money and time). Will just wait and see, let them fix it when they feel like.
Also, I'm very interested in seeing the bills I'll be getting for this month.
P.S. The problem, apparently, is with the power supply to the cable box. Why it couldn't be fixed in 3 days is beyond me !

When my line went down, ACT didn't bill me for those days. Of course, I reminded them not to bill me for those days. I still have Airtel as a fall back for such occasions.

uberjon said:
When my line went down, ACT didn't bill me for those days. Of course, I reminded them not to bill me for those days. I still have Airtel as a fall back for such occasions.
That's good to know man. I'll have to remind them as well, provided the connection ever gets fixed.