ACT Broadband Bangalore Reviews

• Thread starter Thread starter egunda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 636
  • Views Views 290,917
vivekvm said:
Hi,
When will the ACT Broadband connection come to MAHADEVAPURA, because there is connection already in the nearby areas HOODI and B.NARAYANAPURA...request to do the needfull as soon as possibe...thanks
Hello Vivek,
Thanks for showing interest in ACT Broadband. Kindly inbox us your complete postal address and contact number with us so that our team can get in touch with you after checking the feasibility of our services in your area.
Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband

madhu Sudhan said:
Hi ACT,

I was told that everyday wee will resolve the problem but today never came. By with lot of frustation, finally I placed a request for disconnsceting services.

I have not seen this kind of worst customer service in my life.

for the act guy if you feel i am wrong reviewer here are my account and request details:
User Id : 10648810

Cancellation request id: 0001921063

Thanks,

Madhu Sudhan
Hello Madhu Sudhan,
The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any other queries. Thank you for your cooperation.
Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband

HI,
I activated ACT connection recently on March 28th..
Customer Id: 10842829.
Plan details: 2999, FUP: 200GB @ 25Mbps, Post FUP speed is @Mbps
Area: Kathriguppe, BSK III stage
Installation was smooth and got connectivity in 3 days but then problems started. From April 1st I did not get network connectivity at all.
On registering a complaint (Complaint #:0001891807) they closed this as resolved next day without any activity. On calling customer care and reopening it finally I had connectivity on 12th of april.
This was all after daily calls to their customer care and Nodal [escalation] office daily. phone bill for the customer care/Nodal office alone contributed 300 bucks in mobile bill. .
Then again network connectivity was lost from April 14th till date [Complaint #:0001937916]
Major problem with ACT is their poor customer service. They do not follow up on a commitment. Rep takes only call to give same answer, your issues will be resolved today. For them everyday has a today!!!
Finally fed up of their service I raised a disconnection request and refund on 19th April [Complaint #: 0001960320]. Till date [23 April] this is not followed up with a confirmation call or a visit.
There can be many reasons [Junction box/Fibre cut by cable operators] which are unavoidable. But service should be able to identify the problem and commit a date when it can be resolved.
The only motive of their customer service it seems is like to close the call with "Today end of day it will be resolved sir" wherein today never materializes.
Need to go Consumer court way, that is the last step. Posting this in forum so that any who are wise enough to read reviews before opting for ACT are informed of their atrocious service.
My kind advice based on experience: What is whole point of 25/50 or even 100 Mbps when you cannot get connectivity even for 2/25 days and counting.....

Best Regards,
Pradeep.

ACT Broadband said:
Hello Vivek,
Thanks for showing interest in ACT Broadband. Kindly inbox us your complete postal address and contact number with us so that our team can get in touch with you after checking the feasibility of our services in your area.
Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, sorry for being a novice..., but how do i inbox or pm the details, there is nothing to select in the details in right dialog or user box...as am a newbie to this site, help me out, thanks

I was using airtel and due to shifting I thought of moving to ACT..I planned to take this on may 1 and started calling ACT customer care and showed my interest to take their connection and I got the response like I will be getting a call back by the end of the day. Due to my need I tried this daily till 5th may and I got the same reply on all days. Till the date no one called me back for giving any details. I have not come across such a pathetic provider who don't even call back the person who needs a new connection. If they are giving such a pathetic response before activating a connection, really I am much worried about their service after taking a connections from them. After viewing all the comments in the post finally I fixed my mind not to go with ACT...Such a Pathetic support...And one more funny thing is that I got the info from the customer care that they have only one customer relationship center here in Bangalore and that's @ rajajinagar. If a person who is in Hebbal needs to go there in relationship center have to move out the day before to reach there...Very funny.Such an ease of access to the Service Provider !!!!!!!!..Pathetic

As per my analysis, the most no. of complaints in this forum is against ACT Broadband and surprisingly the most number of posts requesting for new connection in an area is also for ACT broadband. How can it be possible?

Jatin Pasrija said:
What are the best broadband providers in Rajajinagar area? Airtel can only provide 2mbps. And ACT seems to have very bad service.
Hi Jatin,
I would suggest ACT based on my experience of 2 months so far with them. I live in Basveswarnagar BTW.
About the large number of complaints on ACT broadband:
Even i was apprehensive when i was considering applying for their connection. Just googling them turns up a long list of complaints and bad reviews.
However, i went out on a limb to try them out, since i had exhausted most of my options (crappy BSNL for 5 years and costly airtel 4G). 2 months as an ACT subscriber, I'm a happy customer. I have a 25 MBPS connection which works extremely well. Even my work VPN works flawlessly. So far there have been 2 outages, thankfully at odd hours (2AM to 8 AM would hardly count as an outage. In fact i wouldn't even have noticed it, had it not been for an auto SMS from ACT stating this outage).
PRO:
-Very affordable high speed plans with a good amount of data allowance.
-Reliable ( only 1 outage in 2 months, that too in the wee hours of the morning)
Why then, are there so many complaints about ACT?
My analysis so far seems to suggest ACT issues were in the past and localised to specific areas. I had a chat with their salesman who explained that up until recently, ACT broadband was mistaken by local cable TV guys to be their unauthorized cable competition, due to which the cable guys would just cut out ACT cables and repeaters running on those electric poles. This would lead to the constant unexpected outages. Apparently ACT has now ensured they have a clear understanding with cable operators of each area to ensure they don't attack ACT's equipment.
Whether we believe this sales guy's story or not, my experience with ACT over the past 2 months has been good.
About their complaint system:
Their complaint registration system is impressive. When i raised a complaint, i immediately received an auto-generated SMS about the complaint number. To be honest, this was higher than my expectations, given the reviews i had read about them.
However, the end result was less than perfect. I was able to determine the issue and fix it myself (it was with my router). But the ACT people didn't know any of this. They took almost 8 hours to respond to my complaint. If the problem had actually been on their end, i definitely would not have liked waiting 8 hours during the day for them to come solve the problem.
Maybe this was an exceptionally busy day for their customer service Dept. But i haven't had any internet issues ever since, so this is the only sample i have to judge them.
If you want alternates, you can look into Airtel 4G wireless connection (it comes with a router).
PROS:
-High speed (4-10 MBPS)
-truly wireless: the router only needs a power cable. It has a sim inside and connects to the cell phone tower wirelessly.
CONS:
-The router costs 4k INR
-The plans are quite expensive and provide very low data. For instance, even after paying 1300 a month, i got only 12 GB a month. I was exhausting this limit in just 23-24 days in spite of cutting down my download habits and would be forced to buy their top up packs each month.
I tried getting an airtel broadband connection. However, they rejected my application twice due to 'unavailability' of ports in their boxes. I guess they're too saturated and are not interested in expanding capacity.

realm wrecker said:
Hi Jatin,
I would suggest ACT based on my experience of 2 months so far with them. I live in Basveswarnagar BTW.
About the large number of complaints on ACT broadband:
Even i was apprehensive when i was considering applying for their connection. Just googling them turns up a long list of complaints and bad reviews.
However, i went out on a limb to try them out, since i had exhausted most of my options (crappy BSNL for 5 years and costly airtel 4G). 2 months as an ACT subscriber, I'm a happy customer. I have a 25 MBPS connection which works extremely well. Even my work VPN works flawlessly. So far there have been 2 outages, thankfully at odd hours (2AM to 8 AM would hardly count as an outage. In fact i wouldn't even have noticed it, had it not been for an auto SMS from ACT stating this outage).
PRO:
-Very affordable high speed plans with a good amount of data allowance.
-Reliable ( only 1 outage in 2 months, that too in the wee hours of the morning)
Why then, are there so many complaints about ACT?
My analysis so far seems to suggest ACT issues were in the past and localised to specific areas. I had a chat with their salesman who explained that up until recently, ACT broadband was mistaken by local cable TV guys to be their unauthorized cable competition, due to which the cable guys would just cut out ACT cables and repeaters running on those electric poles. This would lead to the constant unexpected outages. Apparently ACT has now ensured they have a clear understanding with cable operators of each area to ensure they don't attack ACT's equipment.
Whether we believe this sales guy's story or not, my experience with ACT over the past 2 months has been good.
About their complaint system:
Their complaint registration system is impressive. When i raised a complaint, i immediately received an auto-generated SMS about the complaint number. To be honest, this was higher than my expectations, given the reviews i had read about them.
However, the end result was less than perfect. I was able to determine the issue and fix it myself (it was with my router). But the ACT people didn't know any of this. They took almost 8 hours to respond to my complaint. If the problem had actually been on their end, i definitely would not have liked waiting 8 hours during the day for them to come solve the problem.
Maybe this was an exceptionally busy day for their customer service Dept. But i haven't had any internet issues ever since, so this is the only sample i have to judge them.
If you want alternates, you can look into Airtel 4G wireless connection (it comes with a router).
PROS:
-High speed (4-10 MBPS)
-truly wireless: the router only needs a power cable. It has a sim inside and connects to the cell phone tower wirelessly.
CONS:
-The router costs 4k INR
-The plans are quite expensive and provide very low data. For instance, even after paying 1300 a month, i got only 12 GB a month. I was exhausting this limit in just 23-24 days in spite of cutting down my download habits and would be forced to buy their top up packs each month.
I tried getting an airtel broadband connection. However, they rejected my application twice due to 'unavailability' of ports in their boxes. I guess they're too saturated and are not interested in expanding capacity.

Hi,
Thank you for the review about our services. We appreciate your feedback and it has been forwarded to the appropriate team.
Regards,
ACT Broadband.

ACTian said:
Dear Anil

currently we are not serving near Reliance fresh though we have service in TCPalya.

rgds

[color=#C0C0C0;]----------[/color]
@ACT - Are you people giving connections near the Hertiage Fresh on Ramamurthy Nagar road? This comes after the police station. Please let me know!

Hi,
I currently live in Kumara Park West, Bangalore and have been using ACT since last year. In 12 months, Ive faced no problems actually. Rare disconnections that last few seconds to a minute and just once or twice I've got a message saying downtime due to some server problem and they also got fixed automatically and pretty fast. Speed is consistent and great, no problem of slow speeds.
I am now moving to Ozone Evergreens, off sarjapur road on Harlur Road. Is ACT connection available there at this moment? It is a big apartment, lots of blocks. I am hoping I can just shift my existing ACT connection to my new home?
Mayank