Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Acer announces Iconia B1-A71, a wallet-friendly 7-inch Jelly Bean slate

https://imgur.com/AVFK2

The Iconia B1-A71 pairs a dual-core 1.2GHz processor from Mediatek with 512MB of RAM for a machine that certainly wont set any benchmark records, but wont hurt any wallets either. The rest of the specs, like the WSVGA screen, 8GB of storage and lone 0.3-megapixel camera are certainly also helping keep costs down. At 11.3 ounces and 11.3mm thin it's a pretty svelte device, especially considering its expected starting price of under $150.

Acer Iconia B1-A71 hands-on

Quite the opposite actually: it has a dual-core Mediatek processor, 512MB of RAM, 8GB of built-in storage, a 7-inch 1,024 x 600 display and a single 0.3-megapixel camera. Overall, the build quality and screen aren't nearly as nice as what you'll get on the Nexus 7. Still, for $150 it could be tempting for folks who think even $200 is a lot to spend on a tablet.

https://imgur.com/bugGd

I think, a few people may choose it over going for one of the Chinese or the Indian branded ones.

Availability is still an issue, right? We all agree that if Nexus 7 was available in India, most of the other tablets would be simply ignored by most of us.

I think they might, at around 13-14k max, even 15 would be pushing it. Especially when Samsung & Apple themselves are available near 20. Samsung & Apple have brand names. Asus Nexus 7 has latest stock Android with support. What does Acer have?

unless it retails for around 10K, i do not see it worth going for at all. 2-3 price difference with nexus 7 would make it a terrible purchase.

not a sarcastic response. anyone here has any idea about the track record of these indian companies when it comes to software upgrades?and to be fair... google nexus 7 looks like a chinese import. 🙂 generic looking device.

They simply launch a new model with the exact same hardware and the new software versionAnd I was referring to the hardware mediatek processor et al