Acer Aspire 4720 Linux Installation

• Thread starter Thread starter icar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5,886
ISP
VPN
Hi 🙂
I am getting a brand new Acer 4720 notebook today, The sub-dealer has told me Linux has not pre-load, you will be getting CD to install, you have wait 3 hours to get get the notebook,
but the Acer website shows Acer" Operating system: Linux " and according to techtree Techtree
" Laptop comes with the Linpus Linux OS pre-installed, this DVD is a god-send whilst installing Windows. "

I straightaway told i will install Linux, but i have never install Linux, but i have formate/install XP in desktop.
Please help Step by Step Installation.

I have little bet of Q?

> I want to install Window Vista or XP but later! what is the best partition should i create before i installing Linux.{ TOTAL 160GB }

> It is necessary to install window first before installing Linux

> Is Linpus Linux is user friendly to install.

> When i get the Notebook what should i do first!

You can install windows after linux but it will a bit longer . If you install linux after windows everything is automated

u can read the user manual for linpus linux here : http://www.linpus.com/xampp/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?cid=6&lid=11&PHPSESSID=de4bef355874a63c92d07faab9e31586

it s a pretty newbie friendly distro so you shouldnt face any problems

as for partitions , if you are planning to install vista keep atleast 100 Gb for it , for xp keep 80 gb , rest you can use for linux and dual boot

create a FAT32 partiton for windows and an ext3 for linux + around 1 gb will be used for swap