Acer 5750 wifi driver not getting installed

mega_processor

Has opinons on everything
ISP
five networks
i have Acer 5750 aspire model.I installed the wifi driver but i cant see it listed in network connections.When i try and search internet ,i see three kind of drivers, broadcom,intel and atheros.I am confused.I dont know if i installed the right driver.fn+f3 is not responding either🙁

i wonder if Acer has a system like Dell where you can check the exact system specification using the service tag number. find out the make of the network card that is installed in your laptop. also... if you are using windows 7 or windows 8, let it search for a suitable driver for the hardware. it usually works. maybe try running an ubuntu live cd might help as it would most likely detect the network card properly and you would know if it is at least working properly?

well. if you are using windows 7, it should have auto-detected the card if a driver was available already. check windows update to see if it has a driver recommendation for you. unless you have good reasons to keep windows update disabled, i do not see why you should have it disabled. 🙂 this is a good example on how ubuntu actually has a superior support for hardware compared to windows these days.

well on ubuntu the wifi is working fine.as far as windows 7 is concerned i disabled it since it really gave me lot of trouble with adobe flash player.It kept installing a problematic installation of flash player which crashed my browsers and windows.

that is strange. chrome comes with its own flash player. firefox would be able to detect the correct version of flash player itself.

I know but this installation crashed firefox which is my primary browser but it did not give any issuws for chrome or IE.at the same time it crashed any navigation window opened>i literaaly had to format in the end.