• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 7,376

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
Sify moved one notch up in its annoying behaviour for me. I got a call from its rep around 20 Jan for account renewal with the notification that from now onwards the renewal amount will be directly collected by an agent of Sify instead of someone from the local CTO. I gave my consent for renewal but no one comes to collect the money and hasn't till today! And instead what they're doing is refusing to log me in showing "Account Expired"! And no resolution of the problem despite 5 phone convos with their blighted CC.So Sify isn't bothered about collecting money or delivering service. I wonder why is it up and running?? Had enough with Sify and now going to dump it in favour or MTNL/Airtel DSL because they are finally here in my neighbourhood and Sify just stepped on my last nerve.

Do one thing to the Local Cable wala and ask if he can renuew your accounts, though sify has appointed agents all are lazy fools.I still goto my cable wala for renuwal.

Even i do my renewals thorough CTOs only. Call up ur CTO, they can still renew ur account. Sify is plain stewpid.

I do thru Online only......and save the monthly Service Charges as well

LOL, their online site where they ask for the credit card number is not even a secure HTTP site, leave alone 128 bit SSL encryption... Do it at your own risk.

I think SifyMall is secure. Nad I have been doing online renewals for quite some time.

Originally posted by boygr8@Feb 7 2006, 11:04 PM
I do thru Online only......and save the monthly Service Charges as well
[snapback]41646[/snapback]
[/quote]

u r lucky. Here even if i renew online the cable wala comes to my place to collect the maintenance charge and if i dont give him then he disconnects me from the switch.
so its better to renew throuw the cable wala.

this is open "gundagardi" ... I really feel like beating that cablewala.

yes even i feel so but cant do anything . they r having the support of some big politician no way out but to pay the extra CTO charges.

Originally posted by humm@Feb 15 2006, 12:21 AM
ohh... U in Mumbai? And who is that cable wala?
[snapback]42103[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cable wala = Cable operator = One Who provides Cable tv 🙂 and Sify too :angry:

Have heard of quite some bad experiences regarding online renewal and once almost happened with me too, after licking on some button the next page wouldn't load no matter what came. And reading here about the lax security in their payment mechanism, Sify would be the last firm I'd give a credit card number to. Anyway know what happened, the collection person from Sify came 1 week short of a month after they called for renewal, what jerks 🤔

Earlier I used Credit Card.......now i use Debit.....it takes u to ur Banks site to punch in ur password and stuff......and then u need to trust ur Bank's site and not sify ......The CTO used to come to me to collect his service charges even after Online renewal but now he has stopped comin

lol...This is what happened to me this month..I got a call from their CC exec. regarding acct. renewal , as usual i asked him to renew my existing acc. and as usual they didn't renew it on time :sigh:..Then on 10th of Feb , one day before my acct. was to expire , i gave a call to my local CTO to renew my acct..but like on most ocassions before , his number was not available (Probably due to non payment of bill :sigh🙂I woke up the next morning again to find the "INVALID QUOTA" message..I called up their customer care , and spoke to a girl having a south indian accent .. There was a huge communication gap and it took me nearly 10 minutes to make her understand that i wanted an account renewal . Now she tells me Your acct wud be renewed in 24 working hours" :sigh:. I was like What the **** ..What wud take them 24 hrs for an acct renewal .... But my talks fell on deaf ears :sigh: . She told me she wud try her best to renew it before that..Obviously tht never happened..Then i came across an option for renewal by SMS... i sent the SMS and got the confirmation tht acct wud be renewed within 4 hrs..I was satisfied tht it wud be done in 4 hrs..Then i came back and logged on again after some 5 hrs or so..Again Invalid quota..😡After that i called them up 2 more times but still no use..Again i login the next morning to see the same damn message..I was Furious ... I called em up again..the same girl pickep up the fone and recognised me immidiately and started making lame excuses as the why the acct has not been renewed on time...I had lost it by then and gave her a bashing she will remember for a long time to come..Thst when she told me tht i would be compensated for 5 days (ie i'd be given 5 days of extra validity)...After this convo still acct was not renewed for 3 more hrs...Then i call up my CTO , I thanked my stars , he picked up the cell and renewed my acct within a hr. And yes i got compensated for 5 days..What i have learnet from this incident..The guys at SIFY are bumbest people to have walked the face of earth , from now on i wud never bother them for renewal of acct. Its always better to call up The CTO 🙁

LOL :lol: Nice name chappal chor.........you sure u havent robbed sify? 😛 in that case your name should be sify chor!!!! 😀