Accessing BSNL broadband using WIFI

ISP
BSNL
Hi All,I have a BSNL connection and UT startcom modem which have wireless, I can connect my laptop to internet using modem wireless facility.Now I have another desktop in a different location in home. I purchased a D-Link network adapter (D-Link dwa125, wireless n150 adapter). But its not connecting to the modem.My laptop connects very simply. How can my desktop connect like that?Thanks

Any erro you're getting or is it simply not connecting?

Now I have another desktop in a different location in home.

Do you have a PHone extension Port here ?

I purchased a D-Link network adapter (D-Link dwa125, wireless n150 adapter).
Did you install the Drivers etc in Desktop using the cd supplied. ?

post ipconfig /all data for Desktop only for LAN and WLAN No tunnel data please.

Mention OS in use. The SSID, which appears in Laptop should show in WLAN in Desktop.

Option 2 : TESTING:
What is the distance between the rooms ? ( obstructions ?/walls/??)
Where you have to keep the wifi router ? Room1 desktop room
Room 2 BSNL Phone Junction: Laptop( ALSO mobile ).

You can install the drivers in Laptop and use this USB WLAN adapter and test wifi in laptop.

The built in WLAN card in laptop can be disabled
Result ??
Feedback.

Thanks for the replies, here's the answers for your questions.

Essbebe

Do you have a PHone extension Port here ?

NO

Did you install the Drivers etc in Desktop using the cd supplied. ?

Yes. The drivers are installed properly and windows cannot see any issues on that.

Mention OS in use. The SSID, which appears in Laptop should show in WLAN in Desktop.

Windows 7 Ultimate, SSID shows in laptop. but not in desktop with wireless adapter.

Am I using right adapter? I purchased Belkin N300 also, but with no luck.

What is the distance between the rooms ? ( obstructions ?/walls/??)

6 meters. Laptop connects from that area. Shows 4 bars out of 5.

Where you have to keep the wifi router ? Room1 desktop room

Room1, New desktop is in another room.

Tested the adapter in laptop without any luck. The adapter is D-Link N150 (DWA-125).

Am I using right adapter? Or else what should I do?

Please help.. Thanks

----------

Any erro you're getting or is it simply not connecting?

Simply not connecting. It says no network found!

Congratulations.
A very nice apt replies to my queries.

Kindly copy/paste ipconfig /all for laptop.
with the new usb wlan adapter connected.
Procedure:
Start Select RUN
New window type cmd Click OK
New window
type ipconfig /all

Thanks for the concern,Here it is,Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : XXXXX-PC Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : NoEthernet adapter Local Area Connection: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82567LM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-C0-A3-31-69 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes ----------[/COLOR]Some characters changed to 'X' for privacy.Thanks