• Thread starter Thread starter TheMafioso
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 688

TheMafioso

ISP
Airtel
Hello Guys,

I've recently found out, you can access your router's firmware from anywhere.
To do this, go to www.whatismyip.com and note down your IP address.

Now to access your router's firmware from any computer(that is connected to the internet 😛 ), just put your IP address in the address bar of the browser, enter your router login ID and password and.....whola your firmware appears 😀

And this is also reminder to those guys, who have not yet changed thier router's default password.....see how easy it is for anyone to access your firmware.

Regards
TM

ur router's web access (frimware) is only accessible if u have not enabled d firewall in the router & also not blocked HTTP access (Port 80) access.

Originally posted by baudhayan@Nov 2 2005, 08:30 PM
ur router's web access (frimware) is only accessible if u have not enabled d firewall in the router & also not blocked HTTP access (Port 80) access.
[snapback]30352[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, i guess, it is true but these things are not enabled by default, so normally you can access the router's firmware so its a threat to user's who have not changed thier password.

Originally posted by TheMafioso@Nov 2 2005, 08:42 PM
Well, i guess, it is true but these things are not enabled by default, so normally you can access the router's firmware so its a threat to user's who have not changed thier password.
[snapback]30355[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes it is............and we had post about that by yours truly 🙂