Access to the given site 10.240.43.216

• Thread starter Thread starter sule_1773
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 15,637

sule_1773

ISP
BSNL
I applied to BSNL for having a broadband service (Home Plan 250) on 4th December,2007.As I know and heard from my friends and others who were using the service,I waited for two months without any response.Exactly after two months I knocked their door and found that they registered my application in their office register on or after 20th January,2008 but somehow 'forgot' two send the computer print-out and details to Bangalore.After my visit,they took the print-out and 'committed' to give my user ID and password via letter within seven days (i.e. within 1st March,2008).Today is 3rd March,2008 but I didn't receive any letter carrying user ID or password or any information.However,I did contact BSNL Headoffice (Telephone Bhawan) and got my ID and password. Unfortunately,I can't access my service record or change my password in the absence of my portal ID(which was not given by the Headoffice).I ask,if this is the service of BSNL,then:

[*]Why are they offering such service?
[*]Whenever I type 10.240.43.216 and search,it displays that "This Page Cannot be Displayed". Why they give this site name?(For information,my modem was configured by a BSNL authority).
[*]Can any BSNL authority or anyone let me know,whether the Bangalore Central Distribution Unit WILL deliver the details officially?
[/list]This is Samik Mukherjee focusing on the 'real picture' of BSNL Dataone connection. I would gladly suggest anyone NOT to take BSNL Broadband service.It is,maybe,poorer than anyone expect.

@sule1773.
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Please go through the other threads regarding usage check problem. In Tags try "usage" etc
You have to get a 14 digit Portal D from the exchange. and check here.
BSNL - Broadband Account Management
Your complaints usual from a new comer. After one or two months, things will settle down ! I am using BSNL Dataone for past one year, and , the exchange is barely 1/2Km away. I had no need to make a visit, or complain over phone email , about the BB service. I am not a BSNL employee.

A request : Please avoid capital letters and big fonts. Please reedit your post.
Type the same matter in Notepad and copy paste here.

@sule1773Dont get frustrated. initially their might be some problem.. but later on everything will be ok.(it took 2months to get my phone shifted,in same society but diff apartment :wall🙂 dont expect much technical help from bsnl pples u will see half of the worrier dissolve away 🙂