Abysmal Torrent Speed on Excitel Broadband

If you've done all testing from your side, and are sure that it's a backend problem, you could try badgering the customer care regarding poor speeds. When I got my connection, my speeds to international servers were shit. But I saw here that many people were getting pretty decent throughput. I used that info to badger the CC almost everyday. I think had almost 10-15 conversations with them during a 1 week period. Eventually, I don't know if it was my LCO or Excitel themselves, but they improved something. I started getting good speeds to servers across the globe.
You have to be adamant and say that you know people who are getting these speeds and take some screenshots from here if they ask you for proof. Ask them to get in touch with the LCO and have them send a guy to your place. Don't take no for an answer. I know you can't do it with torrents, but for international speeds, I insisted that I work with graphics and need the speeds for international client work (I don't). I know it's a little scummy, but if you're in IT, use that as a power move. Have them understand that you know what you're doing and the fault lies somewhere with Excitel, not your setup. Not sure if all this would work 100% for you, but honestly, it did for me.

If Excitel still doesn't oblige, get your LCO's number from the Portal. And start the same process with them.
and keep that number handy
for most of my issues, Excitel just opens a ticket
it's usually when I get the LCO involved directly that the issue resolves
makes sense too since it's them who handle the last mile.
Spoken with them many times but as I paid for 12 months, they did not make any efforts. I think now is my time to strike back.

Weird, I guess it differs from area to area. Cause with ubuntu ISO I can max out my 125Mbps connection. It downloads at 13-14MB/s.
There is no 125Mbps plan from excitel if i am correct.

i am getting speed of less than 1MBPS/s on my 300Mbps connection on torrents and customer service service support is saying they don't support torrents as they are illegal. The problem is i paid for 12 mnths in advance.

ubuntu torrent gave me almost max speed on my 300 Mbps plan. Average speed of 26 MB/s without VPN
2.73 GB file completed in about 1 in 45 sec.
My location is: Gurgaon, Sector 21
I am getting speed if 1 MB /s on my 300 Mbps 12 mnth connection in Delhi.

I am getting speed if 1 MB /s on my 300 Mbps 12 mnth connection in Delhi.
On other servers speed is good ? Like on servers outside india ? As torrents have peers from all over the world it might be affecting the speed if non peered speeds is less.

On other servers speed is good ? Like on servers outside india ? As torrents have peers from all over the world it might be affecting the speed if non peered speeds is less.
after having a heated conversation with customer care who initially said that torrents are illegal and they don't support that , the speeds increased to over 10 MB/s .

after having a heated conversation with customer care who initially said that torrents are illegal and they don't support that , the speeds increased to over 10 MB/s .
I don't think it increased because of argument with customer care as they are dumb enough not to do anything especially technical stuff.

after my conversation, i received a callback from their technical department to to recheck speeds as they have resynced , and the speeds have increased. I had restarted my onu wifi several times over past weeks before but that was of no use. Well i don't care till my speed is back.

Yesterday I was getting 10-15KB/sec on torrent that had hundreds of seeders. cant really do much about it honestly.
I would recommend installing another client just for the sake of the experiment to check if it makes any difference. I use qbittorrent for torrentug and any active torrent on nyaa.si I get around on avg 16-20MBps especially from the uploaders who seed with 10gib seedboxes. Normally I get 4-6 MBps if its an old torrent with less than 10 seeders.