• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,413

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Recently we have seen a spate of ridiculous claims from a number of members - from launch dates for BigTV, Airtel DTH to the prices of the 3G iPhones in India. These posters claim that they have some credible and reliable "source," while in 99% of these cases their rumours flat-out turn out to be wrong. This is to be expected since these "sources" are mainly lower level CC staff, shopkeepers, the local CTO, unreliable news websites etc.

My humble suggestion is two-fold:

[*]To members: Please refrain from posting such "news" without a very very credible source (print ad, Sunnil Mittal is your best friend and he told you etc.).
[*]To the moderator(s): Kindly formulate a rule for this forum that anyone claiming such news without a credible source would face a couple of days suspension or so.
[/list]

+1 for some sort of multi-day suspension. Or we should shampoo their crotches :dance:

Yep, Many have created many threads regarding the same .... I think they can post the stuff(if at all, they got some news), but not a different thread for different rumors.But it is really funny to see same persons keep changing dates in BigTV issue ! Initially few said 'only after 2 months', and after seeing the adv in tv, the same persons have told 'yeah, it is confirmed, it is on 15th, i got the information'. Now again, 'it will launch only after 2 months'. People should refrain from posting these kind of things.

the worse part is they argue, like some guy was arguing that 3G is going to launch on aug 23 :rofl:

Sushubh, no response from your side?Hell, give me the access, and I'll promise you that I will spend 5 minutes each day deleting threads and suspending members.

well. i have failed since quite sometime to check each and every post on the forum. i would just suggest you guys to use the report function. i do check each report and clean up the forum. i guess i would start giving out a day suspension for any rumor from a newbie which has no decent source.

now it wont be much use, Big TV has launched so u wont see much rumors now. videocon/bharti wont be so popular among ppl.