• Thread starter Thread starter bsd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,503

bsd

cool guy
ISP
airtel
hi, i need to setup a proxy ip address for my airtel broadband.can any one tell me about the bad sides of proxy or is it ok. r u able to give any proxy ip.i know how to put proxy ip but i just need ip address. thanks in advance🙂🙂🙂

The bad side of using proxies is that you experience a decrease in speed because now u don't connect to the server directly, but through a different system or to say a different system retrieves data for you so you experiance a lag. And as far as proxies are concerned just google it you will find lot's of it 😀.

thanks for reply essbebe & bloodhound.but essbee i tried some of them but some will connect very very slowly but some of them just http error.is there any other way to do that.my way is internet options>connections>lan>useproxy and than ip address.

If you are using Firefox you can use "tor" it is a very nice tool. And yes proxies are for some time, they expire after some time so you always search for fresh proxies, their are some tools(i just don't remember the name though) that can be used to check if the proxies are alive or not, so you can use them to check the proxies first. And as i previously mentioned proxies slow down the speed, and SOCKS proxies are a little better then other.

If you have Firefox use the SwitchProxyTool extension and put the list of proxies into it. If you dont have Firefox, where have you been! 😛

umm..well.. proxy means ur data is going thru another computer..i wouldnt advise u to use a proxy when transmitting sensitive data viz. activities like online banking

umm..well.. proxy means ur data is going thru another computer..i wouldnt advise u to use a proxy when transmitting sensitive data viz. activities like online banking

Totally agree with cyberwiz

when i chcked my ip address in some web site it shows the wrong one(yet didnt use the proxy ). i think airtel itself given us proxy😕