• Thread starter Thread starter volcano619
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 7,128

volcano619

Prononimous
ISP
Jio 4G/Idea 2G/ACT
do we have to recharge it with 449 rs. to get hsdpa....??? I mean is it ok if i jus get a 3g sim and use it in modem....??..will i be getting 3.6mbps as promised (not pratically).....i mean to say hsdpa speeds without that recharge thing...???Please do reply fast....waiting anxiously....THANKS AND REGARDS....

In delhi there is no additional recharge required.there is a thread regarding MTNL mumbai you can check that for latest information.

thanks a lot....but still waiting for an answer my mumbai users.... 🙁i wanted to ask that is it possible to contact CSC when roaming...??? thanks n regards....

thanks for your response.....I wanted to ask....that is it worth getting a mtnl 3g connection.....MY NEEDS ARE PURELY HEAVY....IM A HEAVY DOWNLOADERR BY BIRTH.....so should i go for the plan....i have micromax 3g modem....and yea im not in a MTNL 3G circle....im going to use it in BSNL 3G CIRCLE.....And finally....bsnl 3g supports data rates upto 7.2mbps theorotically....will i be getting that speeds....i used to get about 4 mbps in bsnl 3g practically.....and theres no one using 3g in my area....i can assure you that.....what speeds should i expect from mtnl 3g according to the scenario i have put you in....??? THANKS AND REGARDS 🙂

If i understand correctly u said u will be using it in BSNL 3G circle, if u will be using in BSNL circle then get a BSNL number but u also said u have used BSNL and got 4mbps, then whats the problem.

yes...i did say that....but i also said that im a heavy downloader.....so heavy downloading needs UL plans....which the bsnl 3g is not providing..... 🙂but mtnl 3g does i guess.... 🙂that too without any roaming charges n lets not forget the fact that it provides at 750/- p.m. Which is dead cheap i guess... 🙂before movin forward again i want to clarify my doubts posted in previous posts.... PLZZ DO REPLY PROS...I'm aware of every technical word related to communication....jus want to know the facts thats it..... 🙂

Theoretically MTNL provides only 3.6mbps, so i think u cant get more that 3.6. but in true world i can tell you i get around 1.0 to 1.5 mbps(delhi) not sure about mumbai.the biggest pro about mtnl is that u will get consistent 3g speeds without much fluctuation

thanks that did help me a bit.....but by your views i think the packet losses are less and i should get less latency...but thats not the point....because i wanna know more about mumbai servers.....IS IT WORTH GOING FOR MTNL 3G IN BSNL CIRCLE FOR UL DOWNLOADS FOR 750 P.M....??

Hi There,

I stay in Wadgaon Budruk (Pune)....I bought an Airtel 3G Sim & a 3G Data Card as Airtel as well But the Speed is Pathetically Slow. Moreover the sim is being detected as Idea (Roaming). I think Airtel is sharing it. But Still The speed was like 5 KBPS. Volcano If yu can Please add me . My ID - prasenjit420@gmail.com.

@orbofdarkness...!!Try contacting CC of Airtel..i Had the problems as well....!!And as of Datacard..if it's a unlocked one...then it might be a error in source code...!!If it shows roaming..let it be...no harm..!!..(For the speeds you might wana switch your datacard mode to UMTS mode only/3G mode only/WCDMA mode only)Because as far as i know Airtel and Idea never had any tie ups...!! 🙂 I'm a IDEA user...!!And as you are new to this forum...Just a small piece of advice...!!As this is a problem of Airtel 3G....post it in Airtel 3G section...!! 🙂 Welcome to IBF...!! 🙂