About Hayai Broadband on India Broadband Forum

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 44,112
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MG - Now that people over the last few days have been told about the midnight launch... Is the website (in whatever form that is going to launch) going to be able to handle the load (or overload) that might happen due to eager people waiting for it..

duh. how many people you think would have heard about hayai today? a couple of thousands? that is not enough to take down a website 😀

Why do think that it is only a few 1000 - might be more... Also, I dont know much about the load balancing or web development of late... But just that its unlikely that it will be constant & same across the world. (In the early 2000s - a few 100 visitors accessing a site could slow things to a pain)... Its been a decade - But just a random thought...

he is already using cloudflare and i doubt there would be much traffic to his site at midnight tonight. there has been no large scale promotion. the only place where people have heard about hayai is this forum and other forums and of course blogs doing 'investigative journalism'. 😀it's a broadband service. it is not really an iPhone launch. 😛

Ok 😀But the point I was trying to make is that people behind iPhone launch would have planned accordingly & the question was is Hayai ready with the same.

considering hayai also has a call center that should be online tomorrow, it should not be a bad deal. but yeah, a failing website would be a major embarassement to anyone launching a business that has been in development for more than 2 years.

especially looking at these tweets:

http://twitter.com/mgcarley/status/128759014686334976

http://twitter.com/mgcarley/status/128759242873253888

http://twitter.com/mgcarley/status/128759718826094592

http://twitter.com/mgcarley/status/128760342309376000

he is already using cloudflare and i doubt there would be much traffic to his site at midnight tonight. there has been no large scale promotion. the only place where people have heard about hayai is this forum and other forums and of course blogs doing 'investigative journalism'. 😀

it's a broadband service. it is not really an iPhone launch. 😛

Considerring the downtime of this forum, I think there is a good chance of hayai.in downtime

No, not at allWhat I meant to say was that since there are occassional downtimes with the average load on IBF, and hayai.in will be hit by a peak load, there is a much higher chance of them going downSay IBF has 700 members, with 100 members visiting on a daily basis : low downtimenow, on hayai.in, most prob. 600 of these 700 members will visit on the same day + external visitors, so higher chance of downtime

hayai.in would largely be a static website or a very simply database powered frontend. forum is constantly updating and hence caching is very complicated in comparison.

i would suggest mgcarley to have the updated google analytics code with real time feature enabled on the site so that he can actually see how many people are hitting the site after midnight. 😀

this is forum right now... it usually has more than 200 active users at any given time during day time in india... and this does not include bots because they do not usually process the analytics code.

hayai.in would largely be a static website or a very simply database powered frontend. forum is constantly updating and hence caching is very complicated in comparison.

Didnt consider that...

i would suggest mgcarley to have the updated google analytics code with real time feature enabled on the site so that he can actually see how many people are hitting the site after midnight. 😀

this is forum right now... it usually has more than 200 active users at any given time during day time in india... and this does not include bots because they do not usually process the analytics code.

The hayai FAQ's need a cleanup though

hehe right. the current FAQ is the same one as posted here on the forum. would be surprised if it makes it to the proper website.

@MG - Now that people over the last few days have been told about the midnight launch... Is the website (in whatever form that is going to launch) going to be able to handle the load (or overload) that might happen due to eager people waiting for it..

Should be fine. Just don't post the launch to Slashdot, Digg, Reddit, or Rediff (yet).

he is already using cloudflare and i doubt there would be much traffic to his site at midnight tonight. there has been no large scale promotion. the only place where people have heard about hayai is this forum and other forums and of course blogs doing 'investigative journalism'. 😀

it's a broadband service. it is not really an iPhone launch. 😛

Hrm... We can only reach a potential 1/7th of the world's population with the Hayai India product 🙁

Ok 😀

But the point I was trying to make is that people behind iphone launch would have planned accordingly & the question was is Hayai ready with the same.

Apple uses Akamai.

considering hayai also has a call center that should be online tomorrow, it should not be a bad deal. but yeah, a failing website would be a major embarassement to anyone launching a business that has been in development for more than 2 years.

Cloudflare is turned off for hayai.in.

Considerring the downtime of this forum, I think there is a good chance of hayai.in downtime

Hope not. Deploying another webserver in Mumbai itself tonight (I think).

1. Drupal 6 (due to module compatibility)
2. Will have that done

The hayai FAQ's need a cleanup though

They're a bit better now but not complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.