About FTTH, new user

Zexen

Regulars
Don't fall for the 20/meter price that's all BS. A good 2 core fiber will cost 9rs/meter.

Zexen

Regulars
Just go to local cable shops and ask them for 2 core fiber. BSNL uses 2 core fiber themselves.

The BSNL officer told me that i have to buy ONT from outside shop but when i contacted LCO, they told that i need to pay rs 3000/- for the cable with ONT.

Zexen

Regulars
LCO installation 2000rs. They will give fiber and ONT which they will get from BSNL after your connection order is processed. You have to pay monthly rental on that. Do not give more than 2000rs for the connection. When BSNL does the installation it charges 500rs in first bill along with other charges.

What will be the monthy charge?, i mean about the tax and others not the bplan.

Currently using bsnl bb 675 plan. I need to pay extra 100 rs for the tax and rent of landphone.

Can I use Alcatel Lucent I-240G-D ONT Modem with BSNL FTTH?

My friend who used for Airtel FTTH disconnected his service and want to give away.

So, after a month and so...yesterday LOC came with the cable and connect to near juntion point which is about 80 m as i said. The total cost was around 2500 rs ( 1800 rs for ONT ) + charge. ONT hasn't arrived, will forward to update this topic when the connection is live.