able to connect to railwire with laptop but mobile devices are not getting the net ..

• Thread starter Thread starter kasthuri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 6,600
ISP
BSNL
I have DBC Modem DC-1000B-HGX and TP-Link WR820N. With this i am able to connect to Railwire .
My Mobile & tab are able to connect to Tp Link router but the device says no internet.
How to fix this . Thanks

How have you setup the router? Is the modem in brige mode?

Check if your mobile devices are recieving dns addresses.

Also instead of using tplinkwifi.net, use 192.168.0.1 that's usually the default IP address of their routers.

thanks lolita. how to check this - Check if your mobile devices are recieving dns addresses.
& i already tried 192.168.0.1...but not working .

Disconnect the router from the ONU, connect your laptop to the router LAN port (any one), go to 192.168.0.1, set a password.

While setting up the connection, choose PPPoE and enter your username and password.
Now connect the laptop to the ONU and delete any WAN configs.

Take an ethernet cable and connect it to the ONU and WAN port on the Router.

This should be enough to get the connection running.

Now i able to connect to TP-Link thro 192.168.0.1 . let me know WHAT EXACTLY should be done in the config in the tplink setup so that i can connect my second mac laptop ( thro wife as it has no ethernet ) & mobile thro wifi. Thanks.

Now i able to connect to TP-Link thro 192.168.0.1 . let me know WHAT EXACTLY should be done in the config in the tplink setup so that i can connect my second mac laptop ( thro wife as it has no ethernet ) & mobile thro wifi. Thanks.

What mobile device are you using? If it's android, then download "net analyzer", and share the ip data under the wifi connection tab.
Does your laptop work via the TP-Link router? If yes, then check if you are using PrivateDNS under your cellular device settings.