able to connect to railwire with laptop but mobile devices are not getting the net ..

• Thread starter Thread starter kasthuri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 6,613
iam out of my place . once i go back, would do that & update . Thanks Lolita

Your default gateaway IP would be 192.168.0.1 and that would be the router's IP. Enter that into a broswer while you are connected to your router (preferably wired) and create a router password, after logging in, it would immediately ask for your connection type, select PPPoE, and then enter your username and password.

For the ONU, connect to your ONU, go to the network settings and change Route to Bridge (If there is any option), otherwise if there is no option for that, delete all the configs in the WAN section of the Network tab.

Then connect the ONU to the WAN port of the router. You are good to go.

@kasthuri There is no reason to hide the DNS and Gateway IP, it is essential to know and is not sensitive information in any way.
Also, click on the three lines on the top left, go to tools select ping, and enter '8.8.8.8' (without quotes) and see if you get a reply(see image). If yes, then try disabling IPV6 under your router's configuration.

Also, have you made any changes to the router before this or did anyone else make any changes, and has it always been like this or does it used to work before?
IMG-20220605-013024.jpg

@HC1337 user is able to access their internet using their laptop. So, there does not seem to be a need for any changes there.

@Lolita_Magnum Won't just keeping the ONU in bridge mode be better as the routers usually have better CPUs and controls? I mean for a normal user and low speeds it wouldn't really matter so you are true there and it would be more of a hassle.

Thanks lolita & @HC1337. see my mac has NO ethernet . The first time when i set the router i did with my friends pc desktop. Pl let me know is ETHERNET is the " only " way to set this or is there any other way to configure using router wifi with mac wifi . thanks . Note . Lolita thanks for pointing the DNS thing.

WHEN i try tplinkwifi.net from mobile i do get that PAGE . fill the password. But finally it says NO INTERNET CONNECTION . Actually net is working with my another laptop thro wifi. my issue is i am unable to access railwire connection from my mobile and/or mac laptop thro wifi.