Aadhaar (UIDAI) News & Updates

Can our phones be trusted. There have been cases where certain phones were sending data out of the country. Do we have the capability to check that this does not happen?🤔

Can our phones be trusted. There have been cases where certain phones were sending data out of the country. Do we have the capability to check that this does not happen?🤔
You should read about TTE or Trusted module.

Is it available on our phones?
Are you referring to TPM (Trusted Platform Module) & TEE (Trusted Execution Environment)?

Hmm I wonder how those manufacturers were caught sending data outside the country. My worry is should we take it for granted that's everything is fine or should we have some institution to check on all this seriously & fix serious consequences on defaulters. So far I have not used the fingerprint scanner on my phone for this reason. Or maybe I am being paranoid.

UIDAI has released an app called AadhaarFaceRD app. Using this app aadhaar authentication can be done using facial recognition instead of fingerprint. This is hugely beneficial to pensioners. People above 75 were facing issue of fingerprint not matching for obtaining life certificate.

Does anyone know how to raise complaints for PVC cards? I tried their helpline, and provided payment details, but they say it should be of 28 digits otherwise their system wont allow to file a complaint.
But the payment details show in https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ is not 28 digits. Its a total mess I tried emailing, no response till now.