Aadhaar Number could technically be mandatory for mobile wallets as per new regulations

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Lowdown: Revised RBI guidelines on wallets which will allow interoperability on UPI

Will wallet users need to link Aadhaar to their wallets? MediaNama reader Srikanth points out that that the RBI is using a hack not using Aadhaar directly on regulation instead offloading into Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) regulations which may be “amended from time to time”. Currently, the PMLA regulations mandate that all citizens should link Aadhaar to their bank accounts and this will follow for wallets as well. Bottom line, we may have to link Aadhaar to all wallets now.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
I didnt do kyc on paytm and now paytm app just crashes on payment page. I have to use the website if I want to make payments. this is BS! even their shitty customer care don't know how to solve this problem. Tried 3 different phone but same result

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
any samsung pay user here? can they elaborate how paytm support works from inside samsung pay app? waiting to see how paytm would be integrated in tez. i am not a big fan of the paytm app so would love to have the option to use the paytm wallet from a third party app like tez.