• Views Views 8,627

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Aadhar Enabled Payment System to Be Rolled Out Shortly

In an attempt to give a big push to cashless transactions, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will shortly roll out the Android-based Aadhaar enabled Payment System (AEPS) application, said officials.
Developed in collaboration with TCS, the application can be downloaded by the merchants, who will need a smartphone and a fingerprint scanner to use it. Transactions on this application can be done without any card or PIN.
The application would be made available to all banks, who would encourage merchants in their vicinity to adopt this application.

😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵 privacy bhaad mein jaaye

I thought somewhere some politician said that.. Aadhar number shud be kept secret!

Your fingerprint would be your wallet. Not your Aadhaar number.

And Aadhaar number is private. Not secret and banks are now adding field for Aadhaar on cheque books. Another thread exists for this.

LOL.. my fingerprint did not work when I went to get JIO card.

What happens in such situation?

Its now proven that fingerprint changes over time slightly that it does not get recognized.

They could use retina scanner but I guess it costs more that fingerprint scanners. Plus getting your eyes scanned is creepy for any purpose except for maybe your own private high security safe.

There idea that retail stores can take out money from a bank account using fingerprint seems dangerous. Not sure what safety measures are planned. This government seems to be pushing things to without thinking these days.

There are no consumer protection regulations in place for digital wallets. Aadhaar is above judicial scrutiny. But both are being pushed on people with ads featuring Modi.

It shud be very easy to clone fingerprint

What if seller uses forged fingerprint machine?

which is why more information is needed on how this new payment mechanism would work.

Also just read that adhaar is compulsory for JEE students. 😕

And govt says adhaar is not compulsory but "strongly" recommended.

from my understanding, your fingerprint would be your debit card and pin to make payments.

WpDRbAT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. Any retailer can record your Aadhaar numbers. And I bet even fingerprints using a rooted device I bet.

so process is same for docs verification(while issuing sim card ) and payment. How would i know the difference?
stupidity at it's peak.