Aadhaar Card now mandatory for Death Certificate

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2,247
So if you dont have Aadhar card - you will never die!!! 😀 (on paper ofcourse!)

I wonder if they would make aadhaar card of a dead person just so he can be declared dead.
Sounds creepy. Which agent will do that?

That was just sarcasm, no one would be foolish enough to do that. But then again anything is possible!

I read that live tissue is needed for fingerprints. So not sure if aadhaar can be made for someone who is already dead.

I am guessing UIDAI guidelines require fingerprint sensors that work only with live tissue. Smartphone sensors are specifically designed to reject dead tissue I believe so that phones cannot be unlocked with faked fingerprints.

Turns out it might not be mandatory after all.

An Applicant applying for death certificate is required to provide Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID Number (EID) of the deceased and other details as sought in the application for death certificate for the purpose of establishing the identity of the deceased.

An Applicant who is not aware of the Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID Number (EID) of the deceased will be required to provide a certificate that the deceased person does not possess Aadhaar number to the best of his/her knowledge and it should be duly informed and also prescribed that any false declaration given by the applicant in this regard will be treated as an offence as per the provisions of the Aadhaar Act, 2016 and also Registration of Birth and Death Act, 1969. Applicant’s Aadhaar number shall also be collected along with the Aadhaar number of the spouse or parents.

But it does sound like they would make life hell without aadhaar. If not of the deceased... spouse's or the parent's aadhaar might practically be mandatory.