Aadhaar Authentication History is now available

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,532
Just checked. Works but as you said the information is not useful. The only part which is useful is 'Auth Type' which says OTP, Biometric or Demographic. I wonder what Demographic means here.

Demographic means your date of birth (and may be shown when someone was fetching your address)

This shows authentication detail only since July 2017.

What is missing is who accessed your data.

They give that information in the notification email so they should have shown here too.

So that we know if it was with our consent or not.

Last edited:
Just as @amish said the information is practically useless.
I have no idea what that authentication was used for rather no idea from which source it was generated.

Today I got OTP via SMS and then someone called me to give that OTP. (which I didnt and hung up)

Strange thing is that in the SMS there is no mention of what purpose the OTP is for. (They send email OTP too but in that too they dont mention who is ASKING for OTP and for what purpose)

Then I went to check Aadhar Authentication history.

But NO there is no LOG of current date and time.

What I realize that Aadhar HISTORY does not store fraud OTP i.e. OTP generated by fraudster.

It logs into history only if OTP is used successfully.

Which means there is NO WAY to know what purpose you got OTP and by which company. (You can not trace fraudster)

What is missing is who accessed your data.

Finally they have added column called "AUA Name"

Which shows name of the party which requested the Aadhar OTP.

It logs into history only if OTP is used successfully.

Now it also shows failure. i.e. if someone (or you) tried aadhar OTP and did not give correct OTP.

Finally its useful.

Got to add self-reminder to check Aadhar history every month for any kind of fraud access.

Its still not perfect. It can only show a max of 50 records. Thats not enough after few years I think.

Btw what does "UIDAI Services" & "Internal Auth service monitoring" under AUA mean?

Also I linked adhaar in my canara bank account thru internet banking but didnt do biometric thinggy. and theres no request in my records from canara bank

Some banks use third party service for aadhar verification as they dont have direct access to aadhar database.

So instead of bank name it may show something else.

No idea about other 2 things you asked.