A4 Interest on Standard Chartered Credit Card?

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
StanChart Credit Card users here... Have you ever noticed A4 Interest in your statement? SC has charged smallish interest on my card for the last two month. Customer care lady was sort of confusing. Either I miscalculated my payment and did not deposit full amount. Or the delay in internal transfer from primary card to secondary card at their end caused this interest. This is sort of annoying.

Oh yes, I have had this interest once. This is because of delayed payment. They charged more that the due amount towards late fee and interest 🙁

Me who messed up. It was small amount few hundreds of rupees and forgot to pay that bill.
You can request for it to be waived off. They do it once in 6 months

If you get this removed then it will not be a hit. If it remains then it will be displayed in cibil for 36 months

The moratorium was active till Aug 31 right, that's probably why only the interest was charged and not any late payment charges. So there should not be any CIBIL hit, however you can even ask them to have the charges waived if you have had a good history of payments.

I've missed a payment with a pretty high total due and was hit with some 5k as interest and additional late payment charges a year or so back. Sent a polite email requesting waiver and they waived it off, the entire amount including GST 😁

here i still have no idea what happened. anyhow. would be paying separately for my two cards. need to find out why the other card is even being used as i stick to a single card for all my payments. probably Amazon auto pay connected to it. 😌

Do you use Cred though? I like their reminders on WhatsApp though their offers have gone to the dogs recently