A tech question?

i was talking about technology when i talk about bittorrent. i can download linux from bittorrent. i can download firefox. its a mode of sharing files. not a mode of pirating software. if you missed, mozilla gives out official torrent feed to download their software. and i use that instead of ftp servers. any questions?

Originally posted by google_singh@Dec 20 2004, 02:14 PM
And btw when u started the thread of bittorrents....I never asked to delete the thread....arent these file sharing  programs illegal.....and somebody said too that bittorrents is being sued and that's why it's down.....
[snapback]3480[/snapback]
[/quote]
Please note : Bit Torrent =! Evil

Bit Torrent is actually a protocol for file sharing. Protocols cant be sued (AFAIK)
suprnova.org, which is / was a site which hosted torrent files of illegal / pirated stuff is / was being sued & they are currently the ones who are shutdown !

Well all I want to say is that none of us if free from pirated stuff and that includes u too sushusbh( and if u dont have any cracked/pirated stuff on ur comp, then u r a pick of Indians)And I never brought this piracy thingy into this discussion....i just wanted to have a bit of advice.....and I think the members of this forum have very nicely given their opinions.....I thank all of u those who gave me their valuable advice......I think further posts in this topic wud be addressed to the original topic only and that the topic wud be adhered to.Thanks

well... what i do off this forum is none of ur business. i have a policy on this forum to not to discuss about pirated stuff. and that was what i stated in this post. and if you have any doubts, feel free to show me any place on THIS forum where I am talking about pirating stuff.

Then who did bring the piracy subject in this discussion....is it me???

U said something like" I cant believe that google_singh is going to spend 10000 bucks on buying windows xp"

This statement of urs brings out 2 things

1) Firstly it offended me......It looks like u r making fun of me by meaning that perhaps i cannot afford windows XP :angry: ....it looks like that...maybe u dont mean it

2) Secondly, this is where u presumed that I am gonna get pirated Windows.

And as ultravires rightly said.....there'a no point of "Software Discussions" Forum.......if it's going to be like this..So if start discussing a software costing Rs 1,00,000 .....u r gonna say..."dont ask me to beleive that GS is going to spend Rs 1,00,000 on buying this software.....so this is piracy related stuff.....and i am going to delete this thread"

I think ur approach here is grossly wrong......piracy thing was in ur mind and not mine....

Does any of the forum members (excluding sushubh) think that i posted anything wrong/illegal in this thread?If yes, I will accept my mistake and will offer apology and will discontinue posting here.

my statement was:

so you want me to believe google_singh jee is planning to shell out 10000 bucks for Windows XP?[/b]

not

I cant believe that google_singh is going to spend 10000 bucks on buying windows xp[/b]

there is a lot of difference between the 2 statements. you want to take it the wrong way, its ur wish.

And my original message was:

this is definitely discussions related to pirated software  will delete this thread tomorrow[/b]

this is not aimed at you personally. It is regarding the general thread.

as for ur question about my ethics, feel free to start a poll again. i am not the kind of person who would delete ur posts if it attacks me on a genuine point as one another guy believed when he PMed Surjeet. 🙂seriously, i do not have anything against you. you are cynical if u think i am targetting u personally. 🙂 infact i find ur id quiet interesting.

Hey guys why r we fhitin here, it was jsut some misunderstandin just keep it kewl.i dont want to see people leavin this forum.sorry for being oftopic