A question about Flipkart exchange process

• Thread starter Thread starter goodburner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 8,061
ISP
Airtel
So I have a Sony xperia Ion which works fine but its quite beaten up, not much scratches but the small black cover that covers the battery charging slot has come off and its also missing the sim card closing tray, which fell off somewhere. It's fully functional and all but I doubt I have the bill and headphones as its over 2 years old and we have shifted houses and all... will they accept it as long as its working or will they only accept perfectly condition phones?

Dropped them a mail wih a similar question. Lets see what do they reply.

They pick up the mobiles, inspect them and then send you the quote. They won't pick up the mobile if it looks bad or looks like it wouldn't fetch 2k.
Funny thing is that they are giving 2k minimum off for Nokia C4 ..which is a 4 year old model.

Goodburner, I would like to buy that Xperia ion for 2K, would get it picked up too, Check PM
I think Flipkart is charging full amount initially and would offer coupons or refund later, I may be wrong, but as their condition says they would evaluate I don't
think they would give 2K discount without even checking.

Hello,
i have ordered the Redmi 3s prime phone today morning from the big billion sale for 8499.
for the same i have applied for exchange of my phone redmi note 4g, the flipkart app is detecting my phone as redmi note 3 and giving a discount of 2400,
does it make any difference will the delivery person create a problem??
also i have tried manually selecting redmi note lte and giving the imei number. but it is not accepting it is saying imei /model mismatch
what should i do?
also my phone is in a good working condition, power and volume buttons have become hard no other problem.

is there anything i should do??

I think they are just going to match the IMEI number.

your exchange will get rejected if the delivery boy is able to make that you are giving him a different phone model,

otherwise you are good to go.

thank you @Ouch @dantool

@Bsnl Super User the phone has its own issues
1.model is outdated
2. power and volume buttons are hard which costs 1k
3.it has only 8gb of internal memory
4.single sim
5.no volte

hence i have decided to exchange

cashify is offering 1.9k
flipkart is a better deal

if you can suggest me a better option ill stick on to the phone

@witguru : Ebay india would be better option .... Put it in auction , You could fetch much more. Secondly, People here are purchasing 4G dongles at price of 3000Rs. and above , You are selling a full fledged mobile. You could get 4000 or more I guess, If not put it in auction with base price of 2500 Rs. you will surely get better deal.

Redmi Note 4G was indeed a good phone launched by xiaomi,
For making most out of it, Root it, Greenify all apps which you don't need to sync 24x7
then buy a class 10 MicroSD Card, Create a Ext4 Partition, use Link2SD and mount it as Second partition for apps
and Bingo you would have much larger space for Apps.

Earlier I did the same on Redmi Note 3G and never had issue with its smoothness even with 150+ apps.

Hi, when I exchange my smartphone, do the delivery boy turns on the phone to check whether it's working properly like supposed to or not when exchanging? just curious

ya they will check
even ask u to format
5 min they will check all what they can phone turn on off any scratches