A Little Help Regarding My New Connections

• Thread starter Thread starter kon123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,158

kon123

ISP
bsnl
I applied for two new bsnl home Unlimited 1350 512KBPS connections which are yet to come this week. I said to the officials that i will buy my own modem. Actually i live in a rural town where bsnl broadband is the only option for me, no airtel or no reliance broadbands here. But i always wanted a speed of 1 MBPS, so i applied for two 512KBPS connections but i have only one laptop with me no other computer in my home. So is there any type of modem which merges two 512KBPS bsnl connections into one point and give me 1MBPS speed over wireless lan?Does one Type-4 modem works?If the above doesn't work i will have to buy a new laptop 😛leasehelp:

The speed will not be doubled by using two 512Kbps connections.

You have not mentioned what adslmodem/router/wifi you intend to buy.

Better take on rent 3 in One modem/router/wif router from BSNL and get
familiar with all settings.
They will help you set up the connection with their modem. ,
and charge Installation charges.
Nowadays it is waived. Check it out for your State.
You can cancel one plan or both and
get Home 500 with speed upto 2 Mbps during day 2.5 GB
and free download between 2 AM and 8AM. ( unlimited )
If you use Firefox browser with addons
it will be effectively amount to 4 GB or 5 GB.
by blocking Popups /pictures/video/flash etc of frequently visited web sites.
you can restore whenever you want them.

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

It is not easy to merge the connections. You may need costly hardware and good networking knowledge.

i always wanted a speed of 1 MBPS, so i applied for two 512KBPS connections but i have only one laptop with me no other computer in my home.

Buy any load balancing router and you're good to go. There was some thread in this forum itself where some people were discussing about load balancing routers. Search for it. 🙂