• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,153
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Roy

ISP
Reliance
Ok so I've been on Reliance's Thunder 699 plan since it first hit the scene and never faced any real problems with it.
Now, I have an odd problem and it's been this way for a while but never really acted on it. It's finally getting to me :nonchalance:
Now, I'm using the ADSL2+ router (Binatone, non WiFi) that Reliance provided with the connection and my D-Link 2730U for WiFi (which I was using previously with my Airtel connection).
As you know, The 2730U is a modem + wireless router and Reliance (not my connection, at least) doesn't really like a 2-in-1 solution (I should mention that the 2730U does not support MER, which is used by Reliance and as a result, I cannot use the modem part of the D-Link and configure it for WiFi only).
The flaky part is, my laptop connects to the (D-Link) router over WiFi perfectly fine but not my phone...not ANY phone, actually. The D-Link is on factory- default settings (since I'm not using it as a modem) and wireless is enabled (MAC filtering is disabled).
Now what happens with the phone is that is detects the signal and even connects to it, but the WiFi signal bar does not change to blue and remains greyed out, indicating that it doesn't have access to the net. This is ONLY with my phone. Laptop connects just fine.
Am I missing something here? :numbness:

What phone do you use? What are the b/g/n settings on the router?

Don't you have to login or something in Reliance? So you probably have to do it on the phone as well.

manu1991 said:
Don't you have to login or something in Reliance? So you probably have to do it on the phone as well.
Yeah I have to use the login portal.
But I thought once you log in (in my case, through the desktop), you're constantly connected for 24 hours?
Because I can access the net wirelessly with my laptop as well 😱ffended:

Status
Not open for further replies.