• Thread starter Thread starter ketandp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,343

ketandp

ISP
Tata Indicom
Hey Guys,

I would like to bring this inefficient system to your notice that’s bringing down a good service provider with reliable infrastructure in hand.
I have been struggling with this technical issue for quite some time. Internet connection gets disconnected for about 30-60 seconds for every 15-20 minutes, comes back on its own sometimes and most of the time I have to restart the modem.

Just by looking at the symptoms, I would have replaced the device during the initial phase of the troubleshooting. However, we are not here to talk about my intelligence but that of the Airtel’s.
I have been going thru enormous mental stress dealing with Airtel support, Nodal Officer, Appellate Office and talking to them for hours on regular basis for more than 2.5 months now.

I will try to provide some brief details about the issue and how it was handled by Airtel so that others can benefit from this experience with their service and support.

[*]The issue has been officially reported on May 15, 2011 for which the ticket was created on May 18, 2011
[*]The issue found to be a FAULTY MODEM DEVICE, and is replaced only on July 13, 2011
[*]Airtel took exactly 60 days to fix this issue. During the process, Airtel engineers has incorrectly communicated the status of the issue to the backend teams that resulted in creating multiple tickets for this single issue/problem that persisted for 60 days after I reported it
[*]Airtel engineers working on this issue have provided incorrect information to the backend team including following
[*]Calling customer and confirming the appointment / visit for the troubleshooting (no one turned up on scheduled time/day for 90% of the time)
[*]Confirming backend team that they visited the customer site and fixed the issue (while no one has visited customer premises and the problem continue to persist) – this has happened almost for 55 days
[*]Confirming backend team to close tickets opened for technical issue stating they have confirmation from customer, while there wasn’t any confirmation from customer(my) side and at the same time, I’m struggling/fighting with the Airtel customer care for hours on the phone to know why the tickets being closed without any resolution or any confirmation from my side
[/list]
[*]Multiple such incidents resulted in multiple tickets being opened for this SINGLE technical issue of Faulty Modem Device that Airtel took exactly 60 days to resolve
[*]In spite of customer asking for the full 60 days refund, Airtel has processed refund based on the duration of these tickets opened for technical issue only and not ready to accept that the problem persisted for 60 days after I reported it (and it was existed for many days before I reported)
[/list]My simple question to Airtel here::

[*]For a problem that persisted for 60 days with multiple tickets associated with the single issue due to inefficient and unethical resources utilized by Airtel, Airtel is approving the refund based on the time for which multiple different tickets were opened and not for the duration for which problem existed.
[*]Why customer should suffer and do not get the full refund for the duration of problem persistence???
[*]Why customer should get refund only for the duration of multiple technical tickets that’s nothing but the result of Airtel’s inefficient way of handling of the issue???
[/list]This is what I’m going to ask moving further so I have enough information to go to consumer court and report this issue with their system and people. I’m sure they wont be interested in answering those questions. However, I’ve decided to gather all the information I have for past 2.5 months and ensure I register a complaint. I’m planning to register the complaint thru www.icrpc.org please let me know if someone knows a better option than this.

[*]All the technical and billing tickets opened for this account since May 15, 2011
[*]Details on every single refund requests processed since May 15 along with the refund ticket number and the technical ticket numbers associated with it; also mention how the refund amount was calculated for each of these tickets/requests
[/list]Thank you for your time.

Ketan

oh good I have company

i am getting so much spam on fuktel on my cell no. it suxs....with Vodafone no spam problem only network was crap in delhi...

man i am so relieved ever since that sms blocking app started working on my phone!

Used FnP once to send flowers, its torturing me ever since. Even though am in DND, I still get 3 messages per day before every occasion (Raksha Bandhan now). Service provider is sorta helpless. Thats a basic fone, hence no blockers 🙁

Even Flora69 keep torturing me, but now releaved after terminating that Reliance Number 😀

Thank you Rajiv and Chaitanya,I'm going to find out more on that grevience redress you recommeded Chaitanya.I have confirmed that I'm not paying any outstanding until they resolve the issues / conflicts - on other side, their billing department keeps generating bills and calling me for recovery on regular basis (I have the services barred since August 3, 2011). I got a call from a recovery agent today (sounded like a goon to me for sure) and asking me why I'm not paying, I told him to get the issues fixed first and then I will pay, also told him to learn how to talk to customers.. reported this to Nodal and Appellate office over email, I will be reporting to nearest police station if these guys are trying to threatten me without resolving the issues. I have already paid to ICRPC for the membership and preparing for the case which I will be sending them soon.

I have been struggling with this technical issue for quite some time. Internet connection gets disconnected for about 30-60 seconds for every 15-20 minutes, comes back on its own sometimes and most of the time I have to restart the modem.

Same problem here in august but now they have barred my services 😛 , i also replied to thr billing dept CCE that first they should solve the complaint i have made then only i will pay the august bill. I asked them that what if i visit thr Noida office to check complaints registered from my side this year then he denied that we dont show the logs 😛 How we can know what request or complaints they register when we call???? Do they really check the complaints before generating the bills? i think no, because the costumer has to call up and bang his head all the time. Most of the time i receive the complaint number on my alternate number thru sms but nothing now.

Airtel has waived of the charges 🙂 , finally i can disconnect in peace 😛
Got a trial account from spectranet today , its working ok, finally i have a option!!!! :yahoo:

@sid u in NCR... which "city" in NCR? what exact location?oh ok... sorry sid... got the location: NOIDA(hope!).... so what the hell is going on... will somebody at airtel or otherwise explain please?what is wrong with Airtel BB? I have heard of many cases in which there is no logical explanation for similar discrepancies around the city. Atleast u got a waiver.... Most of us probably dont even have the liberty to use their services for which we've been paying hard earned money....Time for "real" SLAs people?

Airtel has waived of the charges 🙂 , finally i can disconnect in peace 😛
Got a trial account from spectranet today , its working ok, finally i have a option!!!! :yahoo:

All the best!

@ rajivI am from vaishali ghaziabad. Now Airtel also wants that i have to pay the charges after 17th august too but they already barred my services then why i should pay them?? I already said that i dont want to reactivate my services, they can keep it inactive, so again another headache from them.