A few questions before I buy.....

• Thread starter Thread starter scotyard
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,479

scotyard

ISP
mtnl
I am new to DTH so I have a few questions ehich I hope someone can answer:1) I plan to go with the basic Dhamal pack for now but I may upgrade to the HD pack later. So how will the STB change take place? I mean will they come to my place and change it? and if I decide to cancel HD, will someone come to take it back?2) Is Tata Sky reliable?3) What about the Rainy season? I have heard there is a lot of problems in the rainy season. Care to elaborate?4) Whats the price for HD STB? I checked the on the TATA SKY site but I came across a few offers not the price of just the box.P.S.: Please note I am talking about the Tata Sky HD only. I do not need the recording function.Thank you for reading through!

1) I didnt really get dis question. U say u need TS HD so for upgrading to HD pack u just need to call the CC. And even if u cancel the HD pack the STB wud remain the same. Or if u meant to say u wanna upgrade from SD to HD then u wud need to place an order via helpline and schedule an installation or get the got from a dealer.

2) Wud be.

3) Every DTH suffers from this as the signal level drops when it rains (It blocks the signal from the satellite to Dish)

4) HD STB costs Rs 2599

HD DTH - High Definition (HD) DTH from Tata Sky HD

Than you Jignesh. You have been really helpful. I have a Cable connection now(CAS). I am fed up of it and will be joining Tata Sky at the start of the year(I am paid till Dec.).One more thing though, after I pay the Rs. 2500, does the STB become my property of is it just a deposit of some kind?

Than you Jignesh. You have been really helpful. I have a Cable connection now(CAS). I am fed up of it and will be joining Tata Sky at the start of the year(I am paid till Dec.).

One more thing though, after I pay the Rs. 2500, does the STB become my property of is it just a deposit of some kind?

As said by Agantuk however even if its in deactivated status it hardly matters them.

Thank you Agantuk and Jignesh for clearing that up. Tata Sky here I come!
Cheers!