A few questions about mobile number portability

• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 30,708
Everything is fixed finally. Registered on the portal. All calls, and messages are working fine 😀

Congrats, and all the best for whenever u want to use other than 3G data service! 😀 😀

Haha, thanks 🙂 All my friends are cursing me for making the switch. 😛After a day of usage, I can conclude - no call drops on 3G, and on edge max call lasted for 15 minutes 😛, sometimes when people call me, they get the message that I'm out of coverage area even when I have full signal. 😀 All these issues crop up only on egde, everything is smooth on 3G, and luckily I get good 3G signal. All in all quite manageable 😛

I had ported to docomo from airtel on dec 2010. Everything was smooth for me. I think i was lucky. Gave the app for porting with porting code. Got call frm airtel with offers to convince me to stay. I refused it. Got the message of porting time. It was midnite i think. Morning i put the docomo sim, everything has been working good from there. I also got ported my mom's airtel prepaid connection to docomo last nov 2011. It was also very smooth. Surprised that Airtel didn't even bother calling me this time with offers though it's more than 5 yrs old airtel no. This time i didn't get the message about porting time. But i came to know that porting was happend after the airtel sim stopped registering the network. Called the CC from my phone to confirm, she re-directed to some tech guy who manages all this. He told me that porting was done. This time also everything was smoothly done in a week.