A few questions about mobile number portability

• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 30,715
Wonder who can get luckier than this! Which was ur port out & which was ur port in?
idea prepaid to airtel prepaid in mumbai
dec 5th ported out request... Airtel did not do anything for 15 days.... asked new code on 21... and on 23rd dec the porting was done after blasting at Call center... 25th or so Airtel fire starts and I am with no network

7 days sharp from idea to mtnl6 days sharp from mtnl to Vodafone7 days sharp from vodafone to idea21 days from idea to airtel

Ah, thanks 🙂So, I randomly called up Idea today to checkup on my request. At first, the CC guy told me some crap about going to Idea's showroom to clear my outstanding, when I told him that my outstanding was already cleared, he told me to wait till the 5th of this month, as they had called me up to confirm on the 29th of Jan, and so seven days from that date. So, in short, is it 7 days from generation of upc (I'd submitted CAF of mtnl on the next day) or is it something else ?

7 days sharp from idea to mtnl
6 days sharp from mtnl to Vodafone
7 days sharp from vodafone to idea
21 days from idea to airtel

Y dont u start part time consultancy in Porting? U will earn a lot since ppl will b porting here night& there after the cancelling of licences! 😀

x270.....

It shud be from the date of submitting documents. Because ultimately based on the form and documents only ur request will be submitted.

Another update. Idea refused to port my number until I'd paid my unbilled amount ! Sent a nice mail to them and porting was approved within 30 minutes. But, mtnl hasn't activated my number yet (9 hours now). Another long wait I guess 😛

And best part is that, You can't even inquire about this with MTNL, bcoz they are mostly in unaccountable state 😀

I called up mtnl, they've told me that your number and details have been entered into our system, however number activation is pending and all I can do is wait 😛

Even the guys sitting there wud be wondering...."There are ppl who port in to MTNL as well!" 😀

@Jaymin... the reason I keep changing is to test all... there is nothing to lose !!as far as I understood... vodafone prepaid is best in mumbai in voice quality/callcenter/gprs/3g

Wow, congrats. MTNL is quick enough . I must appreciate it . :thumbup1: