A few questions about mobile number portability

• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 30,728
So, I'm gonna be porting my idea postpaid number to some other operator later this month. Havent decided which one yet. Anyone here who has ported their postpaid connection ? If so, i'd like to know how do I go about clearing my bills and is there anything that idea can use to reject my request as my connection is postpaid ?

Hahaha!! 21 days after ur first post!! And who knows when did u start thinking on it outside of internet, i mean it wud be even before u actually posted! 😀 Why did it take so long re? Last year, when i wanted to port out, i was stuck as i had 200-300 odd balance in my prepaid account. But u have a billing one, so even that shudnt have been an issue!

Actually, its a long story. Thing is mtnl 3g is cheap, and I tend to use a lot of data, and getting mtnl postpaid in Gurgaon means traveling half way across the city to the sanchar haat and since I can't drive, yet , someone has to take me there, and that needs a lot of convincing 😛 (mtnl's rep +distance) hence, it took me so long 😀

Update 2Got mtnl sim. Mtnl says number will be ported by Tuesday or Wednesday . Lets see how it goes.

U shud hope that it happens at night only. I have heard quite a few cases where it happened in the middle of the day!

U shud hope that it happens at night only. I have heard quite a few cases where it happened in the middle of the day!

Middle of the Day 😀

My Phone was dead for 18 hours including working hrs .

Thankfully, my porting happened around 11-11:30 PM in the night! That too, in about 25-30 minutes.

Yeah. In my case they took about 10 hours and that too during day time. Thankfully it was a Sunday. But mine was a CDMA to GSM port.
I wonder if that makes a difference. U shud hope that it happens at night only. I have heard quite a few cases where it happened in the middle of the day!

Could be one of the reasons. But as Mascot also shared.....it took 18 hours when he was porting, including day time.

Thankfully, my porting happened around 11-11:30 PM in the night! That too, in about 25-30 minutes.

same with me.... but it was just 1 min at 11:30 ... network vanished in front og my eyes and new operator sim I put in and it was activated. The whole process was in 1 minute...

Yeah. In my case they took about 10 hours and that too during day time. Thankfully it was a Sunday. But mine was a CDMA to GSM port.
I wonder if that makes a difference.

Mine was too INP . BUt I think it would have been done till now.

same with me.... but it was just 1 min at 11:30 ... network vanished in front og my eyes and new operator sim I put in and it was activated. The whole process was in 1 minute...

Wonder who can get luckier than this! Which was ur port out & which was ur port in?

I'm just wondering, how many days did it take you all to receive the message stating confirmation of your porting request ?

It took me around 7 odd days to get that message. In fact on the night i received the message, i was desperate since morning. I think i even posted in some thread as to what shuddering i do if i dont get the message. But luckily that night itselfbi got the message of porting, and it went thru further late into the night.