A few questions about mobile number portability

x720

Incoherent Poster
So, I'm gonna be porting my idea postpaid number to some other operator later this month. Havent decided which one yet. Anyone here who has ported their postpaid connection ? If so, i'd like to know how do I go about clearing my bills and is there anything that idea can use to reject my request as my connection is postpaid ?

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
I dont know much about porting postpaid number, but of the information i have, i wud say that unless u have kept huge outstanding bills, they dont have any right to stop u. For that matter, even small outstandings might come into ur way. So the best approach is to clear all ur dues.....and whatever u have used by the time u apply for Porting, shud be communicated by them to u.

kramkumar

I ported out from Vodafone post-paid to Idea post paid two months back. While porting there was on outstanding due of Rs.140 in my Vodafone account. But they allowed me port out. After a month, they sent me Rs.360 cheque after deducting the outstanding from my deposit of Rs.500. I have not even asked / written for my refund.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Thanks for the replies guys :) I guess I'll clear this month's bill and pay the next month's rental; and then apply for porting.

iCon

masoom kameena!
Title should be A few questions about (MNP) instead of MMP

Ah! thanks Admin :)

gadgetcrazy

Regulars
Ported out from reliance to Airtel. My reliance number is deactivated but airtel is not activated. What do i do? Called up reliance, they said that from their end, everything is done. Airtel customer care is even more complicated. Dont know how to reach someone who knows something about MNP

ashish

Addicts
Thanks for the replies guys :) I guess I'll clear this month's bill and pay the next month's rental; and then apply for porting.

you will have to clear the current outstanding bill at the time of porting. No need to pay in advance the next months rental. after the no is ported, idea will send you the bill which you can pay within the due date of that bill. In this case you will come to know the exact outstanding due coz of the pro-rata charging due to porting.

on the other hand if you pay excess amount due, there's no guarantee when idea will refund the amount and time and effort to remind them of the excess amount is not worth it.

i also had ported from idea in this manner and paid the next bill after it was generated after porting