A fed up Airtel Broadband user...now with Reliance wireline broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 29,389
Status
Not open for further replies.
admin plz remove my post as my user details is getting visible.

I think admin has done it but be careful before someone draws your attention.

@neevarp

Actually Metro Ethernet is network Technology used for high bandwidth covers metropolitan area.

You will get better Speed and connectivity over ADSL technology where you limited to just 512Kbps Upload speed with Disconnection Flavor ;p

FYI ------>>>>>>>Metro Ethernet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LL was working but my net didnt for the past 24 hrs. All standard procedures failed and finally gave a complaint. REL technician visited my house and found the issue. It seems that GOOGLE DNS doesnt work with rel BB. 24 hrs wasted without net.

LL was working but my net didnt for the past 24 hrs. All standard procedures failed and finally gave a complaint. REL technician visited my house and found the issue. It seems that GOOGLE DNS doesnt work with rel BB. 24 hrs wasted without net.

i am using google DNS with my Reliance metro ethernet connection,...

It seems that GOOGLE DNS doesnt work with rel BB. 24 hrs wasted without net.

Google DNS or any third party DNS service works fine with Reliance ADSL BB.

Google DNS or any third party DNS service works fine with Reliance ADSL BB.
It works fine when net is already connected. But it gives error(network icon turns yellow) and doesn't connect to net later.

It works fine when net is already connected. But it gives error(network icon turns yellow) and doesn't connect to net later.
Yes i toll observed it. If u loggin to internet n then change DNS it will connect, but before if u try it 1000% u will find that some thing like limited connectivity

You are probably doing something wrong mate. 🙂

I am using Google DNS with this Reliance BB connection of mine. I disconnect / reconnect / reboot / do all sorts of weird stuffs with the modem (an used Binatone DT815). Yet, I am able to use any third party DNS with my connection.

----------

i dont know...is there any advantage in using G dns?

Not much. When I run the usual DNS benchmark tests, it always points out that I should be using Google DNS. Probably because of them having DNS servers within India (or something like that - you can probably fish out that thread where all the experts were bickering about BSNL's latency or the effect of DNS on video streaming for additional information).

nope...i tried again. Everything was fine till i restart.Then it started showing yellow error symbol in network connection. So..no DNS for me it seems.

i dont know...is there any advantage in using G dns?

I believe Google DNS speeds up your browsing speed and obviously, google search. After all, you are connected to their system.
In conclusion, Google DNS open webpage fast.

----------

Ping 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS)
You will have less ping time than any website. I think Google is making their network stronger in India and world to give better internet connectivity with fast browsing experience.

----------

I'm getting average 19ms which was formerly 80ms and 150ms. I can see it improving. I am expecting Google to become an ISP of india.

I am also fed up with the Airtel Broadband solely because of there Fair Usage Policy and considering getting a Reliance Broadband connection. There Freedom 999 Plan is really an intimidating plan. I am from New Delhi (Central Delhi to be precise) and was hoping if anyone here can tell me how is the Speed, Customer Care, Downtime (if any) etc. in Reliance Broadband.

Status
Not open for further replies.