A bolt from the blue from Tata Sky DTH !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter BomBatt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 12,110
Yes,YOu can sue them becuase your couldn't watch the matches etc . Teach them a lesson .BEST OF LUCK !!

he is the one not responding now.

If you have enough money and time (very important, both of these), file a case in regular courts and sue their ass.

Hi all, Thank you very much for your suggestions.

I cannot afford to spend lot of money neither do I have time...
I am a stock market trader and I earn my living sitting infront of computer from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm every day. Even after market hours I spend at least 2-3 hours planning for the next day. I am into this since last 2 years. Last 1-1/2 year was very bad. I did not earn much and my wife was taking care of the family. I have started earning good only since last 5-6 months, and right now I am working double hard to maintain momentum. And there are other monthly commitments to take care of.

Further, never in my life I have dealt with courts, police and such things. Hence, right now if I get an apology letter from Tata Sky explaining why this happened, I am okay... Otherwise I just don't know what to do.

Thank you guys once again for all the suggestions.

In India good citizen and loyal customer always suffer. This is an example.Herapheri dialogue:"aisa apne saath hi kyon huwa?"same way:"aisa tumhare saath hi kyon huwa?"dene wala jab bhi deta, deta chappar faad ke.ok i am not trying to induce you to file suit but this one is worth consulting good lawyer.u r right, common men shud avoid police, courts but thing is we believe u have golden opportunity to straighten those guys on behalf of every1 who has suffered.

i remember someone posted this mail id

pehredar@moneycontrol.com

it is a program on cnbc channel.. they will fight a case for u in consumer court if they do not get the problem solved for u by asking officials at Tata Sky.. I'm sure u will benifit.. Most of the customer complaints relate to TATA Indicom on the show.. I'm sure they will want something new..
Go ahead and mail them the problem..

I have seen the show and it is amazing... It is on cnbc awaaz and runs at around 11pm.. Not sure of the day..

In India good citizen and loyal customer always suffer. This is an example.
u r right, common men shud avoid police, courts but thing is we believe u have golden opportunity to straighten those guys on behalf of every1 who has suffered.

Guys, I am really helpless. Cases in consumer courts and other courts drag on for months if not years. Actually, I consulted one of my uncle who is a CA who knows how these things work. According to him, the real culprit is this TRAI. According to TRAI guidelines, if any DTH service provider suspects any misuse, they can immediately block the signal and conduct investigations. But he told me that I can still go ahead and file a case against them if I have enough time and can run around. But then they can always quote the TRAI guidelines and the agreement they have signed with me.

Also my uncle says that there are lot of cases where ppl are actually misusing the DTH and some of the cases are really serious. Tata Sky people can give example of these cases and convince the courts.

So, all I can do is :wall:

You are right. Wait for another 50 years. Indian laws might improve by then. In the state that the legal system currently is, justice is a pipe dream.

But what can be a justified solution on this for a honest & valid customer who is paying for a service and is not getting it what is his right.Is there no solution???

not in India. i still feel with just initial effort he can def find a lawyer who wud do everything. he wud sponsor time and money.

He can file a PIL. The courts have plenty of time for absurdities like that. If you get caught in a civil case however, there is no end to the trouble. It might take 15 years or so for that to end.