A bolt from the blue from Tata Sky DTH !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter BomBatt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 12,108

BomBatt

ISP
BSNL Dataone
Attention all Tata Sky users:I am a subscriber of Tata Sky sine Jan 07. I was extremely happy with their service and all of us (my wife and my parents) were enjoying every bit of television viewing. I was amazed with the quality of signals and absolute professionalism of Tata Sky people. And calling their help desk is a pleasure. And when we started getting udaya TV and other Kannada channels, all of us were so happy... But, all good things in life should come to an end !! One fine morning (Sept 20), when I switched on my TV, I was surprised. My TV screen was blank with a message "The Tata Sky digicard is not authorized." I immediately called the help desk, and I received shock of my life. The help desk guy says one of their "channel partner" suspects unauthorised use of the digicomp and they have blocked the signal. Now they are going to "Investigate" this within 2-3 days and until then we will have no signal. But until today (Sept 26) nothing has happened. I have again called the help desk and they say that some "head office" is investigating and I have to be patient and wait. Now just imagine my plight, I lost all the excitement of Twenty20 cricket matches, right from India-south africa match to final :wall🙁I went to my friend's place to see the final, but my wife and my parents missed it). All of us are sitting in the house like stupid fools without TV. My parents are cursing me everyday for getting Tata Sky. Now, I am running around with my old "ugly neighbourhood cablewala" to get cable connection. So, all the people who have Tata Sky connection and those who are planning to get one, be aware that this can happen to you also. And out of frustration and agony, I curse TO HELL WITH YOU TATA SKY :madness:

ohhh!! u mean they suspect some1 else to be using ur ID? and hence they blocked urs too?!!sue them if u have documents! u will def win.

ohhh!! u mean they suspect some1 else to be using ur ID? and hence they blocked urs too?!!

sue them if u have documents! u will def win.

ur absolutely right.... sue those fellows who says they are investigating . are they investigating a murder case or what. how can they make you loose the important matches of India and that too their final which they won.

just tell them that u will go to consumer court and see if they dont restore it within 24hours.

Last year, similar complaints were aired in other forums by dishtv subscribers; and dishtv's response was that the subscriber was misusing the STB like taking it abroad and re-importing it, shifting to a different address without informing etc. If someone reports to Tata Sky that he is not a customer but gets a number flashed in his tv, I am sure the genuine subscriber will be blocked. (warning to Ajuravi: don't let others know the no. flashed on the screen).I wonder how tatasky will check and confirm that the signal is not misused, unless the stb is used in a different address.It is likely that the Bangalore customer may be suffering for no fault of his, but may be a victim of a prank.But tatasky should resolve the issue on a war footing and must not allow customer to suffer. And compensate the customer if it is at fault.

tata and compensate?! atleast not with BB and so will be the case i feel, here too.

tata and compensate?! atleast not with BB and so will be the case i feel, here too.

In case of BB, it is deficiency of service. But in case of dth, it is unfair accusation, slander, blocking of legitimate access to services paid for, tarnishing the name etc.

hi all..these problems started in Tata Sky suddenlyyesterday i was watching national geographic..suddenly i got message to view this channel call helpline..and all pay channels were blockedi was in south value(300rs) packagei called helpline and they told i am in south starter pack(200rs)i was shocked.. i questioned how come my package will change without my permission ?? but they were not knowing how it happened..then the agen shifted me back to south value packand restored service..but he was not ready to take any complaint for this..he told since the issue resolved now and the channels were back he cant take complaint.. complaint will be taken only for pending issues /its stupid and they cant track how the package changed.i am still wondering this .

Strange to see TS doing this.... But it may be someone who is reported using your 8 digit code flashed on your TV... Bad Luck Mate.... 1 in 1 Million i feel

Last year, similar complaints were aired in other forums by dishtv subscribers; and dishtv's response was that the subscriber was misusing the STB like taking it abroad and re-importing it, shifting to a different address without informing etc.

If someone reports to Tata Sky that he is not a customer but gets a number flashed in his tv, I am sure the genuine subscriber will be blocked. (warning to Ajuravi: don't let others know the no. flashed on the screen).

I wonder how tatasky will check and confirm that the signal is not misused, unless the stb is used in a different address.

It is likely that the Bangalore customer may be suffering for no fault of his, but may be a victim of a prank.

But tatasky should resolve the issue on a war footing and must not allow customer to suffer. And compensate the customer if it is at fault.

I have not moved the STB an inch from where it was placed while installing ! I absolutely don't know what the problem is. The help desk people do not give contact number of any Tata Sky personnel. They don't care if I go to consumer court or supreme court. OH MY GOD !!! I am so frustrated, helpless, and humiliated :wall: I feel being a consumer in India is a curse !

Strange to see TS doing this.... But it may be someone who is reported using your 8 digit code flashed on your TV... Bad Luck Mate.... 1 in 1 Million i feel

Please tell me what is this 8 digit code? Where is it flashed on TV? I have not given my subscriber ID to anybody.

whatever it may be. i dont think Tata Sky can stop any1's connection based on any random person making complaint. there has to be strict check/verification b4 the disconnection.

It is very sad to hear the news from u Mr.BombattU should shout at them and talk to the senior person. Only then the action would come fast.

ur absolutely right.... sue those fellows who says they are investigating . are they investigating a murder case or what. how can they make you loose the important matches of India and that too their final which they won.

just tell them that u will go to consumer court and see if they dont restore it within 24hours.

I just don't know how to approach consumer courts. Moreover once you go to court, you will be running arount up and down for years.

But, I am not sitting idle. My wife works for an MNC which has more than 50,000 employees all over India. She has sent bulk e_mail to each and everyone, and she has already received 100's of reply that they will never ever subscribe to Tata Sky. There is a new apartment next to my house and many of the new occupants used to come to my place to see how is Tata Sky compared to cable, and I used praise Tata Sky so much. But since this incident, I have called everyone of them to my house and shown them my misery. They just can't believe that such a thing can happen, that too with "Tata." I am 100% sure not a single person in my neighbourhood will ever subscribe to Tata Sky. I have told everyone here that our "ugly neighbourhood cablewala is 1000 times better than this bloody Tata Sky :madness:

I just don't know how to approach consumer courts.......
I don't either. I just don't believe that things like this work. But that is coz I am a pessimist by nature.

Consumer courts are not like your regular courts. You don't need lawyers and don't need to type you complaint in legalese. And the filing charges are minimal. Ask around and pay them a visit. TS might just relent if you do that.

I guess someone must have reported with ur 8 digit code ... But still they cannot disconnect without proper investigation.... By any chance u recorded any program and uploaded it on torrent or any site?

Two different numbers popup from time to time. And they are calculated - one based on the NDS no. and the other on the Digicard Number. It is a simple decimal -> hexadecimal conversion. Convert the hex no. you see on screen to decimal and compare it with the two numbers I have mentioned. You will find the pattern.