Pathetic service to MTNL Broadband Users

ISP
MTNL
🙁 I am forced to use MTNL broadband as Airtel's lines are full in my area. I am using the so called 256 kbps connection. This connection either doesnot work and if works, the speed is seldom above 50 kbps. Complaints do not bear results. Complaints with the Genaral Manager also do not work. HOW DISGUSTING.........

The service not poor, you may be having some local problem. How you are checking the speed

The service is poor. Everyone here on NU, are getting pathetic speeds after they were downgraded from 2 Mbps to 256 Kbps. Those who are synced to 288 Kbps aren't getting more than 27 Kbps either.

I am not convinced, since I m also using MTNL bb since its start in march 2005, do not generalise the problem, rakesh may be facing probem due to poor line parameters.quality of local line is a must for proper functioning of bb connection

🙁 I am forced to use MTNL broadband as Airtel's lines are full in my area. I am using the so called 256 kbps connection. This connection either doesnot work and if works, the speed is seldom above 50 kbps. Complaints do not bear results. Complaints with the Genaral Manager also do not work. HOW DISGUSTING.........

Did you check you speed using MTNL site or sites like this -> Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test