Yahoo , Hotmail is not working

• Thread starter Thread starter kiransalu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 8,205

kiransalu

ISP
BSNL
Hello I am using BSNL Broadband Dataone connection. I will be here for a 4 weeks vacation. I need help from experts. I am able to open yahoo, hotmail emails from my desktop at home. However when i compose or reply to a mail, I get "Page cannot be displayed" message. I don't have any issues in opening yahoo mails. Need advise from Gurus. ThanksSiva

tried using a different browser?

tried Firefox but still having the same issue. Went to a near by browsing center(using bsnl dataone) and the yahoo and hotmail works fine. What could be the reason?

seriously....... just call customer service.... it will be waaaaaay faster than having people here guess the solution.

Use outlook express!

well actually i am kinda facing a wierd problem.. sites related to google are not openin.. so doesn yahoo n hotmail.. rest sites are fine.. tried clearin cache cookies etc.. using BSNL 900 UL.. any guess wat the prob cld b.. downloads in torrents are fine!

yes, its a government conspiracy!

no conspiracy.its working well here since morning.may be local server problem.

Hello

I am using BSNL Broadband Dataone connection. I will be here for a 4 weeks vacation. I need help from experts. I am able to open yahoo, hotmail emails from my desktop at home. However when i compose or reply to a mail, I get "Page cannot be displayed" message. I don't have any issues in opening yahoo mails.

Need advise from Gurus.

Thanks
Siva

Hello all,
I am facing the same problem on my BSNL 250/month ADSL.
Few (and important) sites like Yahoo mail, Nokia discussions, Sun java etc are not working.
Their customer support is hopeless.
I've even tried alternate DNS like 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 but still the same.

Someone please help!

Did you try pining the sites?or tried punching in the sites ip address in the web browser.

Maybe some server or dns issues...I am facing the same problems with some sites but not with yahoo or hotmail....they work in the morning but not in afternoon and again start to work in the evening...

Maybe some server or dns issues...I am facing the same problems with some sites but not with yahoo or hotmail....they work in the morning but not in afternoon and again start to work in the evening...

The MTU Value needs to be changed.

Open the Configuration page>>>>go to the Setup>>>

Select BSNL>>>>>change the MTU value from 1492 to 1452>>>apply

Go to tools>>>>system Commands>>>>click save all.

@bhvm
Open the Configuration page>>>>go to the Setup>>>
Select BSNL>>>>>change the MTU value from 1492 to 1452>>>apply
Go to tools>>>>system Commands>>>>click save all.
Where ? please specify.