Help with setting up a Lingo adapter with BSNL's DSL modem

leonisminora

[OP]
May 10, 2007
Hello folks,I recently bought a Lingo router from the USA and sent it to my parents in India (Kerala). They have a BSNL DSL line, the basic one 256 kbps, i think. I tried getting them to change the IP, resetting the device, etc etc, but the VoIP light on the box will not light up and there is no connection yet. they went to IE and typed in 192.75.75.2 and put in the login and password for their DSL connection, and configured the WAN settings this way, and the Lingo adapter makes clicking noises, but after a while, it just stops and there is no dial tone, and no internet connection to the PC. Can anyone help? I also think this might be because BSNL blocks ports. If so, how do I get it unlocked? The setting is DSL modem --> Lingo router ---> PC. The adapter is Lingo Primus iAN-02EX

GSV13

Special Member
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
Which dsl modem it is ? Also give details about this iAN-02Ex not much on googlelike how many port it has?? Is it a inbuilt router ??

leonisminora

[OP]
May 10, 2007
The DataOne DSL modem is SmartAX MT882 Broadband Sterlite. I have no idea how many ports or whether it has a built in router. As for the Lingo ATA adapter, this link will show exactly the same model my parents have - VoIP : CPE : Solutions : UTStar.com

Thanks! :)

GSV13

Special Member
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
Get the Tcp/ip properties changed to obtain ip address automatically, also switch on the Dhcp server in Dsl modem. Check whether Lan cable from Modem is connected to correct port in Voip Adapter.