Apple Music (Now on Web)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 34,750
Launched tonight at the same time as US. Pricing 120 for individual and 190 for family plan

Just tried the Radio

t9WaCNR.jpg

otwAFFn.jpg

Gave the following error on some stations.

lLU8nMK.jpg

I have been using Apple Music for nearly three months now and I must say it's been awesome so far. The app is much more intuitive than Rdio (which shut down a while ago) and the song selection is pretty much infinite. I am yet to come across a track that isn't on Apple Music.

Apple harped a lot on human curation (as opposed to Spotify's algorithms) and I thought it was a big hype. But only until I started listening to the Beats 1 radio with live DJs from LA, NYC and London. This station is truly insane and is a must listen for me these days. They play a mix of new and obscure mixes which are fairly addicting. On top of this, they have a bunch of algorithmic genre based radio stations which are pretty good as well.

I am definitely planning to keep the subscription after the free trial gets over later this month.

I have a Spotify subscription that covers me till 2018, so I am unlikely to make a long term switch to Apple Music. Apple does have a lot more regional music in its library (more than Saavn/Wynk) which is why I subscribed for a few months after the trial got over. (edit: well, the ones I bookmarked are gone and can't find them anymore)

Aside from the lack of explicit music (all tracks are clean), the only drawback is that Apple won't let me switch app stores to another country to update/download apps when I am on an Indian Apple music subscription (even if I cancel the subscription, apparently I have to wait out the remaining subscription days to switch stores). Now I can't update my existing apps like Spotify and Hulu or download new apps from the US store on my ios devices.

Last edited: